My Laundry Detergent Picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Gain original and Arm & Hammer w/OxiClean Fresh Scent are my other two favorites. These two have a bit more of a smell,but the smell is really good. I'd used Tide a few times and it dried my clothes out and made them "crispy". I feel you need some sort of fragrance to "deodorize" your clothes. There's nothing worse than someone who has that body oil smell all over their clothes.

Maybe your wife left the clothes in the dryer too long.

With my pants and shirts, I let them dry 50% in dryer and immediately take them out to press.

I always air dry everything,I never use the dryer. The Woolite leaves them soft and supple,while the Tide made them crispy and dry.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
Arm & hammer works good and is almost less expensive than most other brands
+1 it's been my favorite for over a year now use less and is more effective

Era and cheer here. Mosty era, we can get the 50floz bottles for 1.99 regularly. Their free and clear is one of the best we've used. I only use cheer on my very nice clothes when I find it on sale.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Tide Free and Gentle. Seems everything else gives me a rash.

This. My wife has the same issue so all soaps and detergents we use in the house have to be dye and perfume free. Tide Free and Gentle works great.

Best I ever used was Sun from dollar general...
Often on sale for 2 for $5... Lavender version. No heavy smell but very fresh smelling.

Used to use All Free and Clear, but it did not get my grease covered work clothes anywhere near clean. Been using the Tide pods for a little over a year now and it seems to be the only "scented" detergent that doesn't irritate my skin, yet cleans the nasty clothes well. Our top-loader HE machine doesn't help though, even on deep clean with heavy soil setting it's pretty much useless...

My nasty work clothes defeated Woolite by a TKO (three washes, still dirty). I usually use Xtra now, clear and unscented.

My problem is drying: unscented dryer sheets are tough to find. Without them...in the winter, my poly-blend work pants have some, err, interesting results.

Try the new low stink tide formulas. My wife is extremely sensitive and can use them with an extra rinse.

Unscented dryer sheets are at wal mart, I can't stand too much stinkum, just like the clean smell...

I've found the Persil Power Clean blue to work well but has way too much fragrance added. I stumbled onto the Persil Sensitive Skin (opaque white) formula and now use it regularly.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Wisk was discontinued and replaced by Persil

I guess so. Wisk was my go-to for a long time. It was a combination of good performance and value price. I'm now using Persil (first jug) and it seems fine. I like Tide as well. Walmart's old Great Value brand detergent was great, but they discontinued it years ago.

German formulated Henkel persil megaperls powder for white and color - is the best and unfortunately for me - most expensive Ive ever used.

Coming in 2nd is the new Liquid persil 2 in 1 from Wal Mart - is a raging deal, tests better than tide, and works pretty well in 95% of the loads.

The persil pods are too strongly scented and oversuds my machine.

Everything else simply suds too much to work in my very low water use Miele machine- even the HE formulations of the standard players don't cut it.

UD

Last edited:
I wash my clothes in Tide...because this time of year it's too cold to was them outside. *rimshot*

Had to slip that one in there.

I'm another "whatever's on sale" person. Right now I'm finishing up a jug of Oxyclean that I got from Menard's, so it was either free after their "rebate" or very low cost.

I've stocked up Mom's laundry area with Xtra that I bought from CVS.

I prefer Tide Pods. They taste the best
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: JasonC
My wife makes our laundry detergent. Less than $10 for 10 gallons. Been using it for a year and it works excellent.
I've been making my own for the last 5 years or more. Want to trade recopies?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back