Laundry Detergent

Status
Not open for further replies.
With any detergent, fill the machine, let it agitate briefly and then shut it off and let the clothes soak for an hour or so. Then proceed with the normal wash cycle and rinse them 2X.
You'll have clean clothes with any detergent.

Ever since I switched to scent-free detergent.. they all seem the same. So I end up getting whatever is cheapest.

I treat stains with Shout.

Cheer with color safe bleach has worked best for me. However, they don't seem to keep up with the times...my current wife insists that we use perfume/dye free detergent, and I have not been able to find it. We therefore switched to Tide+borax or All+borax. I still like how clean Cheer made my clothes, but it's easier to just go along with it than argue!

After posting, I discovered that walmart has Cheer Free! Have to order online, but my next purchase will restore my cleanliness (and allow me to stay married).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
With any detergent, fill the machine, let it agitate briefly and then shut it off and let the clothes soak for an hour or so. Then proceed with the normal wash cycle and rinse them 2X.

That's exactly what I do.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: fdcg27

That's exactly what I do.

That’s funny … just did this 30 minutes ago with the pause button
wink.gif

Unless u are covered in grease and oil all day,,,,normal dirt/ sweat is all your cleaning out of your clothes.......yep cheap soap works and a cup of vinegar,,ur good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back