Laundry detergent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: UncleDave
When friends stay over for any length of time I throw their first load in without soap and they are all amazed to see them bubble up with lots of foam. Especially jeans.

One of the problem is too much soap. I use about 1/3 to 1/2 recommended dosage, and manually add about about 2 gallons water in the rinse cycle.

Originally Posted By: UncleDave
Very curious

What kind of machine do you have ?

- and-

1. how many rinses
2. and what is is the final spin speed RPM?

Can you see the water in the rinse - yes no?
if you can't see the final rinse water how do you know how clear the water is?

Do you dump straight to a drain - or to a tub that then drains?

UD

Bosch NExxt 500 front loader, at least one final rinse, though there is an option for an extra rinse. IIRC the max spin, which we always use, is 1200, and the clothes come out pretty dry.

I can pull the drain hose from the riser for the laundry and see it.

We run an empty load of just water or water with white vinegar every so often to keep things clean. Sometimes I see the suds on the door even after that cycle set.

Pretty nice machine overall.

I'm surprised you are having a residual problem.
Either you are using to much soap or your machine doesnt do a great job with the rinses.

I find persil rinses far better than tide or any of the other amercian soap.
I run a load of tide on the animal stuff and it overusds with anything more than 1/4 cup but switch to persil on my clothes and run anywhere from 1/4 cup to 3/4 cup per load and see almost no sudsing at all.

I only run a load of lemi shine cleaner about every 8 months or so as we have very hard water and that keeps the heating elements free of buildup.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it is a problem. There's not suds after an empty wash... Just some bubbles, thou I'm still surprised that they are there.

I go by the instructions. Perhaps we are still dosing too high though? We also wash almost exclusively in cold.

Might not be. Your machines pretty good.

Typically manufacturers are in business to sell soap so their instructions lean toward overdosing, but your clothes and the final rinse water typically tell the story - it either runs clear or is milky. I
If its milky it needed another rinse.

Most people take dosing instructions at face value - after all, only one word added to most shampoo bottles doubled sales overnight.

1.lather
2.rinse
3. REPEAT

Curious do you use bleach with your whites?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I'm not sure it is a problem. There's not suds after an empty wash... Just some bubbles, thou I'm still surprised that they are there.

I go by the instructions. Perhaps we are still dosing too high though? We also wash almost exclusively in cold.

I wash in cold water only.

You should try to reduce the dosage by 25% next time, if the rinse cycle is still have very high bubbles then reduce dosage by another 25%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back