I want a Challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Ws6

Very sad. Life is fleeting. Also...safety ratings matter. Some deaths it may prevent, some not. Something to consider with any vehicle purchase.
https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/Dodge/challenger-2-door-coupe/2019

The Challenger is the least safe put of the Camaro, Mustang, etc. crowd. Not fun to think about when things go bad, but might be something to consider. The 2015 Challenger, I believe, did get some improvements, but still lags in crashworthiness.

You seem to (still) be under the misconception I want your opinion.

Stop trolling my thread!

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by Ws6

Very sad. Life is fleeting. Also...safety ratings matter. Some deaths it may prevent, some not. Something to consider with any vehicle purchase.
https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/Dodge/challenger-2-door-coupe/2019

The Challenger is the least safe put of the Camaro, Mustang, etc. crowd. Not fun to think about when things go bad, but might be something to consider. The 2015 Challenger, I believe, did get some improvements, but still lags in crashworthiness.

You seem to (still) be under the misconception I want your opinion.

Stop trolling my thread!

No, you just want your own opinion typed back to you from someone elses keyboard. Sorry bro, but disagreeing isnt trolling. It's just you whining because others arent giving you what you want. I've presented an opinion, data, and supported it, and literally every person in this thread who owns a Challenger or Charger has backed that opinion (that the 5.7 is in no-man's land giving v6 performance with v8 insurance and fuel cost) . You're just mad because you didnt want anyone's opinion, just validation of your own.

That's pretty obvious looking at post #2, and then your reply in #3. Why do you even make threads? Just post that junk on Facebook so you can unfriend anyone who says anything other than your own words back to you and you can have your beloved echo chamber.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Yep, there are no guarantees in life. So make the most of it. The wife and I are riding down from Montana through Yellowstone on the way home today. Neither bike would do well slamming into a barrier. So we have done our best to mitigate that possibility by improving our riding skills, and not hampering the bikes with poor choices in basic equipment that would hamper the handling.

Keep you head on a swivel to avoid idiots on their cellphones.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Yep, there are no guarantees in life. So make the most of it. The wife and I are riding down from Montana through Yellowstone on the way home today. Neither bike would do well slamming into a barrier. So we have done our best to mitigate that possibility by improving our riding skills, and not hampering the bikes with poor choices in basic equipment that would hamper the handling.

THIS!

Buddy of mine is raffling off guns, etc. to pay for stem-cell therapy for a paralyzed arm (among a ton of other life changing things) after one such ran a stop-sign in his F250. BE CAREFUL!

Obviously you hear that a lot, but I repeat it a lot. Lots of maimed friends along even my short 33 years, from motorcycles. Not a one of them at fault.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by JasonC
[Linked Image]

Lol, noone is arguing.

OP= Me want 6 speed manual 5.7 Challenger!
Everyone in this thread who owns a Charger or Challenger, plus me and others= Screw a 5.7!
OP= I hate you leave me alone!

Originally Posted by Ws6

THIS!

Buddy of mine is raffling off guns, etc. to pay for stem-cell therapy for a paralyzed arm (among a ton of other life changing things) after one such ran a stop-sign in his F250. BE CAREFUL!

Obviously you hear that a lot, but I repeat it a lot. Lots of maimed friends along even my short 33 years, from motorcycles. Not a one of them at fault.

On a layover in Phoenix, on our way to Indy, so have a minute to reply.

We made it home with no issues. Just a beautiful day of riding.

Believe me, we are very alert while riding.

I have stories of watching people I knew be killed by other motorists while riding. Some that crashed and died due to their own errors, Others I didn't know. And those that have lost limbs, and are permanently disabled.

I've had some family and friends question my sanity, for some of the things I've done and participated in, on motorcycles.

For me and the wife, riding is a passion.

We do our best to avoid busy Interstates and congestion while riding. Obviously Yellowstone was pretty congested, what with tourists parking their cars on the road, and getting out of the vehicle, so a Bison could run down and toss them or family members in the air, or gore them, or trample them... We didn't see that yesterday, but darned if some tourists didn't try to make it happen...

Wife is younger.

Why do you ask?

If you have young children.... you might reconsider riding a motorcycle.

Why?, parents aren't allowed to enjoy life?

My best friend died in his sleep at 35. He had a 5 year old son at the time. He was a Motorcyclist, and police officer. A life filled with danger, yet he died peacefully in his sleep.

The point: There are no guarantees.

Anyway, no young children.

Life is all about risk. Should people who work in the medical, EMS, fire, PD, etc. fields not have children? Should parents not ride motorcycles? Should parents not drive during rush hour? Should parents not allow their BMI to crest a certain number? Should...?

Really, what kills more people than anything in America is being fat and eating like crap. Should parents only have well balanced, home-cooked meals?

Everyone has a different risk/benefit analysis. Every day you get out of bed...AND every day you don't (DVT, etc. are risks...), you dance with the reaper. Enjoy the dance, he's gonna win.

Originally Posted by Ws6

THIS!

On a layover in Phoenix, on our way to Indy, so have a minute to reply.

We made it home with no issues. Just a beautiful day of riding.

Believe me, we are very alert while riding.

I have stories of watching people I knew be killed by other motorists while riding. Some that crashed and died due to their own errors, Others I didn't know. And those that have lost limbs, and are permanently disabled.

I've had some family and friends question my sanity, for some of the things I've done and participated in, on motorcycles.

For me and the wife, riding is a passion.

We do our best to avoid busy Interstates and congestion while riding. Obviously Yellowstone was pretty congested, what with tourists parking their cars on the road, and getting out of the vehicle, so a Bison could run down and toss them or family members in the air, or gore them, or trample them... We didn't see that yesterday, but darned if some tourists didn't try to make it happen...

A link to a thread with some pix would be cool...stay safe, have fun!

Wife is younger.

Why do you ask?

If you have young children.... you might reconsider riding a motorcycle.
. My son rode a lot of miles on the back of my 900 Z1 Kawasaki starting when he was about 8 years old. We're planning on riding to Pinehurst, N.C. in the morning for lunch. Me on my Superglide and my son on his CVO Roadking. We've ridden a lot of miles together and I wouldn't trade those miles and memories for anything.

Originally Posted by Ws6

A link to a thread with some pix would be cool...stay safe, have fun!

Of what the rides around Montana and then through Yellowstone and home? There's no thread, and we're not big picture takers. The bike's we rode were the old hot-rodded 'Busa (I've posted pictures of it here before), and the new '20 BMW S1000RR M.

If you mean of Indy, we're just here for the NHRA US Nationals. That's broadcast on FS1 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back