Thinking about a newer car,, a 2016 Buick Lacrosse

Does some here know about these vehicles? It has the 3.6 engine, and a 6 speed transmission, and is the Premier 11 so it's pretty loaded.

It’s got the LFX engine. If you look online, there are several examples of Impalas and Lacrosses with the LFX engine and tons of miles. 2012+ had the timing chain issues resolved. The 2016 was the last year on the Lacrosse I believe and all the issues were ironed out by then. The 6T70 is also a fairly reliable transmission. A neighbor has a 2013 Impala with that powertrain combo and I think he’s just north of 220k miles. It’s been reliable to him outside of the usual wheel bearings and climate control actuator issues.

@clinebarger can probably chime in with his expansive experience on GM powertrains.

These are great cars, there just weren't many sold which is why you're not getting a lot of feedback. The luxury full size car market had died by 2016.

My 2014 lacrosse was reliable but it succumbed to the noisy blend doors phenomena at ~34k miles. The doors would make a creaking/groaning noise when I selected among the HVAC modes. I replaced the actuators myself (quite an undertaking) to no avail. I found the noise so annoying that I attempted to remove the dashboard to expose the blend doors but lacked the proper tools and I was forced to abandon project before completion. The system worked properly but sounded like a bag of bolts, which was unacceptable in a car of the Lacrosse's caliber. I recently rented a '23 Malibu with exactly the same problem emerging at only 21k miles. I recommend the Lacrosse and enjoyed its performance and comfort, but decide whether you can live with its (likely) noisy blend doors.

Back