2024 Passport Trailsport reliability

My other half really wants a new Passport Trailsport as her next car. I have heard about major issues with the ZF 9-speed automatic transmission, though. Anyone know if those issues have been sorted?

I’m trying to steer her towards the Pilot Trailsport with its updated 10-speed but she hates rear bench seats and doesn’t want the extra size. Any thoughts?

major issues? Did honda actually mess up something worse than Jeep?

Design issues cause some clunky and delayed shifting
but it operated as intended IMO?

Here’s a 22.

BF6ABECF-6B46-45E4-9340-2ACB36A1450B.jpeg

Hondas of the last few years have had Injector issues, and MOST/Fakra connector issues causing audio system glitches

I think they've got a handle on most of that by now

My other half really wants a new Passport Trailsport as her next car. I have heard about major issues with the ZF 9-speed automatic transmission, though. Anyone know if those issues have been sorted?

I’m trying to steer her towards the Pilot Trailsport with its updated 10-speed but she hates rear bench seats and doesn’t want the extra size. Any thoughts?
ZF9 had programming issues, and it was resolved a long time ago. IMO, better than their inhouse 6-speed that was an option on lower-trim models.

The research that she wanted you to do led you to the Pilot. She doesn’t sit in the rear seats and the size of the Pilot isn’t considerably larger than the Passport. 🤔
But there again,…Happy Wife, happy life. 😉
We’re a team, and we’re not in contention. I’m just helping her. While the Passport is the current front runner, she is also looking into a few other options, so it’s not like she’s dead set on one thing at this point.

We’re a team, and we’re not in contention. I’m just helping her. While the Passport is the current front runner, she is also looking into a few other options, so it’s not like she’s dead set on one thing at this point.

I understand completely. My wife wanted me to research vehicles for her, but we have reached a point that she just wants to drive her current car until it dies. She was to get a new one and our son was to inherit the Chrysler, but she’s very comfortable with her car. (Which leads to my search for him now.)
Ultimately, no matter what we discover in our research, they have to be happy with it since they’re the one’s driving it daily.
Gotta keep the wife happy. 😉

Honda's history with the ZF-9 didn't include mechanical issues, it was all software early on but that was a while ago now. I'd actually pick the ZF unit over the in house 10 speed based on some things I've read about the new transmission.

Quick update here. She decided she didn’t want to drop the big money on the brand new Honda, so she found a 2012 Rav4 V6 Limited with just over 100k mi to tie her over until she decides to take the plunge. I think it’s a good choice.

Quick update here. She decided she didn’t want to drop the big money on the brand new Honda, so she found a 2012 Rav4 V6 Limited with just over 100k mi to tie her over until she decides to take the plunge. I think it’s a good choice.
The Ravs with the V6 are pretty quick and tough to find...great choice.

Back