How are your pets doing?

My GS dog "CHUY" is a wimp, we inherited 4 kittens last summer and they are the terror of the house, they are trying to snuggle with him on his bed but he gets nervous and moves away from them, they take over his bed when he walks away. :rolleyes:

Seems to be doing well.....
image000001.JPG

My Texas cichlid passed away (he was OLD) and I was debating taking down my 60 gallon tank…. Well, till my 1 year old broke free, got downstairs, and attempted to swim in the little 3 gallon tank I had for the older 2 kids.

So my school of Mickey Mouse platy’s got a MASSIVE new home! 2 years and 3 months ago I bought 5 of them for the 3 gallon tank. I don’t have any of the original 5 (2 almost immediately died back then), but I now have 6.
2DC3D53D-A5BC-4158-A3D1-77C862C86F3A.jpeg

We had a mother and her kitten and they each lived to age 18 but have both been gone a few years now.

Old pic:

g1XdKR.jpg
I still miss my old girl Amber. She lived to almost 20. I made the sad decision to have her go to sleep in 2020 because of her arthritis. She could barely walk. I kept her food and litter close, but it wasn’t close enough. She could barely get there without my help. 😭 . She was the best cat I’ve ever had. She was there with me when I moved around from my old apartment and to motel after motel before I finally found a place to live. And she lived here for 10 years.

52281330-265E-4AA1-8206-416AA976FC72.jpeg

Last edited:
I still miss my old girl Amber. She lived to almost 20. I made the sad decision to have her go to sleep in 2020 because of her arthritis. She could barely walk. I kept her food and litter close, but it wasn’t close enough. She could barely get there without my help. 😭 . She was the best cat I’ve ever had. She was there with me when I moved around from my old apartment and to motel after motel before I finally found a place to live. And she lived here for 10 years.

View attachment 139554
She was a lucky girl to have you take care of her all those years. Thank you kind soul. There is always some little guy that would love to be your cat. Why not pick him or her up today.

She was a lucky girl to have you take care of her all those years. Thank you kind soul. There is always some little guy that would love to be your cat. Why not pick him or her up today.
Thank you.

I’ve got the “little one”. She was a friend to Amber and she’s tiny compared to her. (that’s how she got her name) She’s 10 now.

7BBDBD38-441B-4F95-8DBA-81E0C04CE771.jpeg

Our dog is 14, deaf, and suffers from separation anxiety. She's bonded to my wife, barely stands me--unless if I take her out for a walk. Then I'm a good friend... but her joints are going and our jaunts are not what they used to be.

Right now she has gone back to panting, as the wife has headed out to do some work. So she's going to pant and be a royal pain in my rear until the wife comes home.

It's almost preferred when she gets pouty and won't even look at me. She will do that, she will pout and stare a wall, rather than at me. Or just take forever to settle down and go to sleep. She can also reek when she starts sweating from the anxiety... drugs don't help, plenty were tried. :(
1675954632410.jpg

Missy Blue and Henry McCarty (Lil' Mickey). Bonded kittens. Extra credit if you know who Henry McCarty is.
Notice the curtain...
WGc5891oi9IpZezWweophNQTAfnQgTTcS2nOAmTu9RbClu8sKtFeWUt7RqANjlAqzt12D_0RXUdEi7jnwK0H2TmDWivyjY83Uwc2NTrM0uEQfVgwfbdJvTp-iv0RLpyljDwem_eCrvtW9HqvPFM2JWD9kogA_3d8pBLvjFCNdA9TmbPVSnjosCTd97RdIFWedFn4LC0xCCoymsiigJvChLGR2DJI3ETrZNKpasAp9pQft4cMsLNit0McPSGiFWrV5egyhed6wPHFwSC9nnFK7Dye2GehLycXp354YuuwlGJWWs-AmIaIuVogRCWGK-JtPo4LMA9r3FzdS2dAu-o95ETwqx_WhmcDIa5psYUArxRKYPX-BPlOWOtM02XuQj5Rr0t4fxGBSJsccoiG2sHonyPEMOsE2zMGVKTU119mAE3nCGcaiOTCcgLHhiJhJ9dRKZkixSqciHe-rw1VrFIR8nUoaP9WCXDsanfQ2z_0T_cdFJwfd3hUX3kxDmAZVKLisqC1l8HxvPLzOGad4QHxGFDhRxH0exLrk173o0wCcqI6ydX0VdjGWDf8NeG0cIRwdU7uNVUXMZmJmycEzc1pOaQJoflhhVyHnalU5riDNhUwqSswaiQYJplC2OF5eyxILiJXzAEQ0F4ojK6k1z3x7VLQy36ios9mmQIxj0lh8Ck90cI4HfcEtrXimjz2DeNtyPlORts3KMX3Z_8quRfeRndY59SZLbuB3wK2OR6JBlPDwaFrdNNvNA_grDlPN7EI66_CsxD8G3Z88SYwT6clapKBGVstk3tLnUMjx-sFIEY29KwBHxvgpK5Y8spg9F3tlEPgF7VkvXMlA5au335RAzPCJaaLsTGCt0qK9aHMrxjq1bCfUEANATs3-X32s1LvfEMS5jKyEB9UT03Rz6JdzBNCdyXredZVc_WBcdC6WVxqbkad=w671-h893-no

Dixie is not happy as she’s in the pen. We have a fairly large chain link run outside with a nice insulated quonset for her to stay warm. Not nearly as nice as her bed on the back porch though. She gets to spend time in lockup when she starts running off repeatedly. Hopefully by the weekend she has settled down some. A few days in the pen usually adjusts her attitude for several months.

Will be 14 years old in July 2023 had him since almost birth. Love the guy, remarkable (I posted in the past so will keep this short)
Do to uncontrollable glaucoma unable to be stopped by 2 (a 3rd one consult) medical practices his eyes were removed in 2021. Still was able to fetch a ball with a bell in it using the sound of the bell, still able to lead us on the leash around our community, still able to go up and down the stairs in the house all day long, eat and put himself to bed.
Fast forward almost 2 years, his hearing not great, no longer can fetch a ball. But his zest for life is unhindered. He is as crazy as a puppy to this day when he plays. He has his basket of toys that he picks out a toy on his own to play with, in the evening I sit down after dinner for tug of war with a empty water bottle, he loves the crunch of the bottle. Im telling you, he is INCREDIBLY strong for a small dog, never mind his age. He can pull and twist your arm if your not careful. My wife and I learned a lot from him, getting over a disability he just every day amazes us.
Even "stares" at my wife while she eats after he finishes eating because he knows he will get scraps. He can smell food on the kitchen counter and somehow knows which way to face. They say dogs can smell in "stereo" like we hear with our ears, they can tell the direction of the smell.
First photo, the second he senses my fingers going to grab his right paw, he pulls his paw away, he will dance back and forth as I try to grab his front paws almost like he still had his eyes. He is that quick and constantly amazes us.
Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 11.07.25 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 11.07.55 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 11.04.28 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-02-09 at 11.05.30 AM.png

Every night he puts himself to bed... oh... that is his favorite toy to bark at. (thing is, you never really know if he is sleeping!!! *LOL*)
IMG_1490.JPG

Last edited:
Aside from being a punk (see below), she is a good kitty. Yowls frequently, when is not making demands for canned chicken. The yowling drives me nuts, but she is my buddy and rarely leaves my side.

Attachments

• 20220108_141432_HDR.jpg
    20220108_141432_HDR.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 10
Back