Tired of pets dying.

In the last 4 years or so we have lost 2 dogs and 3 cats.

Our Sheppard got cancer on his spleen.
The chiwawa terrier was 13 and died of old age I believe.

My black cat also got cancer on his spleen.
My old cat died of just old.... He almost made 30.

Now today we had to have our orange cat Garfield put down due to kidney failure.

I really don't want more pets after the others go. I'm tired of the pain and digging graves in rock fused calechie ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20190402_211954.jpg
    IMG_20190402_211954.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 41
I'm so sorry @Chris142
The last decsion we make about our animals is the hardest and most important. You had a cat make it to 30? Wow!
I'm sure you gave your pets a great home and the best life possible.

I just lost Mr. Charles Bingley and his brother Blackie. They were getting up there is this pic.
1686969817807.jpg

Now today we had to have our orange cat Garfield put down due to kidney failure.

I really don't want more pets after the others go. I'm tired of the pain and digging graves in rock fused calechie ground.
I'm so sorry Chris. It's hard. You hurt because you care.

You gave so many animals a great life in this world, what would their lives have been without you?

Thank you for being such a caring person to tend to some of God's creatures.

I'm so sorry Chris. It's hard. You hurt because you care.

You gave so many animals a great life in this world, what would their lives have been without you?

Thank you for being such a caring person to tend to some of God's creatures.
I know but I'm just tired of bad news. This cat came to us as an orphan. He was born in a car at my work and his mom got smashed in the road. There was 2 others that disappeared with no trace.

This was him

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230616-201535.jpg
    Screenshot_20230616-201535.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 40
It's tough losing one, I can't imagine a string of them. It's tough now, but the joy you gave them and they you, is worth it.

I never knew cats live so long. I thought they were like dogs, living 10-14 years.

Reactions: JC1

I feel your pain. It is really hard when they go.

I got mine cremated and she sits on my dresser now in her box and bag.

🙁

The Little girl in the middle (the middle, smaller white one) left from this earth January 29th around 8-10a.m. in the morning. It sucks when they pass away. It really does.

I look at this/these photos (obviously of some of her last moments, I have. Pets are your kids when you don't have kids) fairly frequently.

20230112_110802.jpg
20230112_110806.jpg
20230112_110807.jpg

20230617_074021.jpg
20230617_074054.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry to hear of all your losses. I can't imagine loosing that many pets in such a short time.

At the start of the pandemic the evil neighbor pushed her elderly and declawed cat out onto the street. She said once he was 17. I guess he had bounced house to house looking for a home before he found ours, and was in pretty rough shape. Needless to say he stayed here - even though were not a cat family and one of our little dogs hated him the whole time. He got quite a bit better for a couple years, but eventually his kidneys failed. For the last few months we were giving him subcutaneous fluids every couple days and he would only eat watered down chicken baby food.

As hard as that was, and we only got to keep him just about 3 years, I would do the whole thing over in a heartbeat. I miss him a bunch.

We lost this guy in March. My wife saw him get thrown out car window in Brooklyn. She chased him down and rescued him. He was the best dog we ever had. We had him for 11 years.
B201E30E-8193-4640-8851-569BF887EF1F.jpeg

Attachments

• CCFF55FC-3BFB-4A25-B7E3-5052C39374B1.jpeg
    CCFF55FC-3BFB-4A25-B7E3-5052C39374B1.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 9
Back