Tired of pets dying.

I'm so sorry @Chris142
The last decsion we make about our animals is the hardest and most important. You had a cat make it to 30? Wow!
I'm sure you gave your pets a great home and the best life possible.

I just lost Mr. Charles Bingley and his brother Blackie. They were getting up there is this pic.
View attachment 161664
Don"t Cats have nine lives ?

We lost our wonderful family member Pepper in May due to liver cancer. We adopted her as a rescue 12 years ago. She had more personality than all of the people I know, put together. My favorite memory of her was when she would drop a toy in front of me, put her paw on it and give me her “go ahead, make my day” look! Coming from an 18 lb. dog who wouldn’t hurt a fly, it was hilarious. We will always miss our little redhead.

Attachments

• DSC_0064.jpeg
    DSC_0064.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 10
My sympathies to all. I've lost several pets in the last decade and it's horrible.

One suggestion, go save the life of another animal and give him/her a new lease on life. I just rescued a 1 year old Boxer destined for euthanizing. He's a wonderful dog. A great life, but with some expenses and emotional pain at the end, is not a bad trade off. Give him/her a wonderful life.

We tragically euthanize around 15,000,000 adoptable healthy animals in the US, EVERY YEAR. Rescue from the shelter or locally and get them fixed to end this awful cycle.

Losing a pet is tough, regardless of the circumstances. Old age; accident; diseases ... they all end up in a loss.

One suggestion, go save the life of another animal and give him/her a new lease on life. I just rescued a 1 year old Boxer destined for euthanizing. He's a wonderful dog. A great life, but with some expenses and emotional pain at the end, is not a bad trade off. Give him/her a wonderful life.
Not a bad suggestion at all; worthy of consideration.

We tragically euthanize around 15,000,000 adoptable healthy animals in the US, EVERY YEAR. Rescue from the shelter or locally and get them fixed to end this awful cycle.
Much of this is a result of careless and/or intended breeding with no plan for the litter(s) other than "We'll sell them on Marketplace and make some money ..."
And I 100% agree; spaying and neutering stops the cycle.

I lost my male cat who was 9 years old back in 2016, due to Congestive heart failure. My two females passed a few months ago, six and half weeks apart. One 13 years old and FIV positive, died three days after Easter, and the other, 16 years old the Saturday before Memorial day. Pictured below is the male that died at 9 and the the female 16 that passed just before Memorial day. All three were ferals that I took in from the alley behind my business.

Kids.jpg

Last edited:
The loss of a dog is a terrible thing but the unconditional love, loyalty and memories they give far outweighs the pain as I see it.
Scott Van Pelt said it best…..

Truth be told I like my dog more than I like most people.
Dogs are amazing companions, freaking amazing. I know cats too.
After 12 years faithful and unconditional devotion to us our dog, now soon to be 14 completely lost his eyesight two years ago, 100% completely blind, zip, no sight. I learned more from our dog about overcoming a disability than from any human during my lifetime.
He is the same dog, we go for the same walks around the community, no one, absolutely no one knows he is blind until we tell them.
He will and can pick up the scent of someone else as far as a couple houses away if the wind is blowing right and can easily face and bark at someone walking on the other side of the street. It's amazing, people amazed too.

He can find his way around the house, to his water and food and many times to his bed at night without help.

Still plays like a puppy "tug of war" with me, we do go out of our way to keep him engaged with our walks we let him take his time and boy does he exam things and sniff and sniff around.
Also daily playtime and TV time where he is given a challenging ball with treats inside. He even used to play outside chasing a ball with a bell inside of it, completely blind he could chase after it and locate it when I threw it, now his hearing isnt the greatest so we stick to tug of war, stuff like that.

My mind cant even "go there" to the day he might pass on, yeah, losing a pet is horrible.

WAITING FOR DINNER;
IMG_3462.JPG

Last edited:
I lost my male cat who was 9 years old back in 2016, due to Congestive heart failure. My two females passed a few months ago, six and half weeks apart. One 13 years old and FIV positive, died three days after Easter, and the other, 16 years old the Saturday before Memorial day. Pictured below is the male that died at 9 and the the female 16 that passed just before Memorial day. All three were ferals that I took in from the alley behind my business.

View attachment 162131
They are so cute. They look a little bit like Snowball and Casper.

Snowflake is wherever pets go when they die. I am so thankful I got her cremated this time. My Mom and I had a HUGE problem when Lucky died.. and was "denied a proper burial."

June 30th, 2016 at 9:36P.M. to Boston. Shortly after (after what I just described,) I went through great lengths to make sure I was OK because. Having attempted suicide once before (You'd never know it if I didn't tell you all.. a miracle... orders of magnitude miracle.. okay moving on,) I just wasn't sure if maybe this time, it was time to say "OK I'm done with this Earth existence." Could go on but... after many years, I'm actually starting to be OK with some things.

Snowflake passed away January 29th 2023 from between 8a.m. to by 10a.m. she had left us. I had some really good mental support from someone here. THANKFULLY SHE GOT CREMATED. Here she is.. I also put her dish and special food she liked in there.
I'm not sure that I like the dust but thankfully I have her.
20230624_090118.jpg
20230624_090156.jpg

Snowball is getting old but he is OK. He has allergies. Sometimes Goldie and Snowball nose gets plugged up.

Casper a.k.a. Bugsy Malone is pretty much a spy robot, he just showed up out of nowhere (we got our cats because "someone was driving around letting kittens out of a car in Bayonne NJ"................... 2010-ish.. and Casper just showed up. My step-dad "thought there were two" and that's how we got Snowball, Snowflake, and Casper...

Snowball (is still with us)
20230105_092559.jpg

Casper a.k.a. Bugsy Malone (look at that face)
*he absolutely weighs more than 20lbs by the way. He is pretty big
He is still with us too. Just took that one
20230624_085442.jpg

Goldie was an unwanted cat as well. Pic just taken.

20230624_090738.jpg

All our cats are over 12 years old.
I miss every Dog, Cat and Horse I had a relationship with.
And birds. Don't forget birds.

I now "put them by the lake" when and if they go.. nature with nature. Also don't want to have to get in trouble for digging holes when other ******** (8 letters, plural) feel like they can tell you where you can and can't dig shallow holes on your own property. For Turbo, Flower and Rooster (three of the five English Budgies I had. I actually forget the 5th one.. got from someone that was unfortunately smuggling birds into Runnemeade, NJ.... mainly finches.. $200 for 5 birds...) they are buried there anyway, one has a rock marking where they are. It is ceremonial and again now I use the lake, for they will all have to die one day . Rosie the Bourke also passed.

Worked with horses in high school. Not the kind or lifestyle of life where I have any. Couldn't be a vet because I can't stand how bad and hard it is when they die.

The birds are the closest thing to helping me accept death. It may be different for every person.

2018 I decided to get birds and honestly it will be awhile before I don't have birds. They are such loving creatures and NO they don't ALL bite lol . Yes, they like you...

Screenshot_20230624-085932_Gallery.jpg

And cats can be every bit as loving and affectionate as a dog. R.I.P. Casey. And that's me when I was like... 5?? 6? 7? Idk. That rock and woodpile was moved later.... and I don't remember the trolley...

image000000(2) (1).jpg

And all of our pets will die one day.. I just hope there is never a pet alive while the owner is dead e.g. the end of The Godfather 3.

In the last 4 years or so we have lost 2 dogs and 3 cats.

Our Sheppard got cancer on his spleen.
The chiwawa terrier was 13 and died of old age I believe.

My black cat also got cancer on his spleen.
My old cat died of just old.... He almost made 30.

Now today we had to have our orange cat Garfield put down due to kidney failure.

I really don't want more pets after the others go. I'm tired of the pain and digging graves in rock fused calechie ground.
Sorry to hear. We have a rescue adult orange tabby. They are good cats.

30 years old is likely a Guinness record for a cat at double the typical lifespan !

Again, I am soory for the loss of your beloved friend

Last edited:
Back