Tired of pets dying.

I use to get rescue pugs and keep them in their later years. Kind of a Pug hospice, usually old fat and some sort of health issue. Usually got them fairly good health but the damage was done. Finally gave up after 5 as it became really difficult to adopt dogs in Illinois and pugs are at the top of the wanted list. And I can't take the loss anymore. Switched to wild cats.

My condolences to all of you who miss your furry friends.
Losing a pet is so difficult, but as mentioned above, nothing can take the memories.
Hopefully this post will bring some smiles!
They say your previous dog picks out your next dog, well my 4 yo black Lab passed unexpectedly and like all my dogs, she was a rescue.
Fast forward a couple of years and I came across this guy from a kill shelter in Arkansas. He is half Lab and half New Foundland. I swear my lab that passed away picked him out for me. Fourteen weeks and he's already 25# ! This pup is so well behaved, he loves children and never jumps on them, he just sits and wags his tail. Everyone who sees him goes bonkers, he's a special boy.....all rescues are special. Please remember to adopt, I really believe they are grateful when you do.

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 7
Another reason for adopting more pets . 😁

Click on SHOW MORE for both videos to see them performing .

Last edited:
Same, it sucks especially seeing them from almost birth to the end.
First picture is on our way to vet after being home for a bit after her stroke. Lola never rests her chin on the center console, I knew I was doing the right thing at that moment. She was tired and ready to go. I still cried like a baby. Just missed her 13th birthday.

313213631_10160387995127433_4238310416865430538_n.jpg

312475232_10160367237322433_6454752428583832240_n.jpg

312345849_10160367237162433_2318162440961302137_n.jpg

Last edited:
I have always said the problem with most pets, (dogs & cats), is they don't live long enough. They bring joy into our lives, but create sadness when they leave.

I lost a German Shepard to cancer. A Golden Retriever to hip dysplasia. And a cat to old age, (almost 20 years old). She had a stroke and could no longer walk.

We didn't plan on our present little guy. (Poodle, Daschund, and Havanese mix). We took him off the street after someone tossed him out like a piece of trash. The vet estimated his age at between 4 and 6 months when we took him in. (His bottom front teeth were barely above the gum line).

He is going on 11 now, and acts like a 2 year old dog. So I'm hoping he can go several more years. But it's going to be rough around the house when he finally does.

If I outlast him, we won't be getting another. We'll both be too old by that time. And I don't want to leave a pet alone.

Same, it sucks especially seeing them from almost birth to the end.
First picture is on our way to vet after being home for a bit after her stroke. Lola never rests her chin on the center console, I knew I was doing the right thing at that moment. She was tired and ready to go. I still cried like a baby. Just missed her 13th birthday.

View attachment 165135
View attachment 165136
View attachment 165137
We had Labs that brought us 3 gangs of puppies - always gave some to family and to friends … Most where chocolate …
Son had the last one to pass … black/shiny “Lola” …

@Chris142 my condolences as well. I lost my best buddy cat Bubbles last year. It hurts harder every time I lose a pet. He was a loyal friend. My household now has 5 kittens going on 5 months and 1 adult who is around 15 years old. I've adopted out 4 other kittens from the same litter, as well as the mother cat after getting everyone spayed/neutered. It was my small part to do what was right. They have brought priceless joy to my wife and 3 children, even if I have lost the last 2 nights of sleep due to their antics. Its still worth it.

Here is two of them taking a nap, Brisket and Tabbetha.

1690498344618.jpg

In the last 4 years or so we have lost 2 dogs and 3 cats.

Our Sheppard got cancer on his spleen.
The chiwawa terrier was 13 and died of old age I believe.

My black cat also got cancer on his spleen.
My old cat died of just old.... He almost made 30.

Now today we had to have our orange cat Garfield put down due to kidney failure.

I really don't want more pets after the others go. I'm tired of the pain and digging graves in rock fused calechie ground.
I'm sorry for your losses 😞 We had our oldest Schnauzer live to 18... smartest dog I've ever seen. It was tough when we lost him, but he had a good long life... and we still had 2 others that were much younger, which helped ease the pain.

Then those 2 developed cancer, and had to be put down within the same month 😨 It was beyond heartbreaking 💔

It's going to be quite awhile before we get any more pets 😔

I just go find another adult cat that looks the same as the old one and give it the same name. I've done this several times. I only stopped doing this because a exceptionally friendly Maine Coon cat decided he liked living in my house better then the back alley.

Losing a pet means losing a family member. Maybe get a parrot or a tortoise.
Birds especially large ones present a few problems, the cost of heath care can be very high (I do have good health insurance for both of my parrots from Nationwide), the bigger problem is one bird that is 12 and the other 17, both will live with proper diet and care to around 60-80 years. I highly recommend health insurance for all pets, it is not very expensive.

Birds especially large ones present a few problems, the cost of heath care can be very high (I do have good health insurance for both of my parrots from Nationwide), the bigger problem is one bird that is 12 and the other 17, both will live with proper diet and care to around 60-80 years. I highly recommend health insurance for all pets, it is not very expensive.
Absolutely. (y)

Back