Does anyone need a truck like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kill the chrome if you like

View attachment 181761
IMG_4723.jpeg

I’ll keep my chrome.

Our mini van is all blacked out, I kinda like the look on newer vehicles. I just haven’t liked a GM truck body style since they went away from the cat eye front ends.

Does anyone need a Maserati, Ferrari, or Lamborghini? None of these examples are very useful other than letting people know you can afford it. That truck is big and costs quite a lot too, but at least it is useful if you haul heavy things, or want the option to in the future.

And PS, I have nothing against anyone buying any of those three vehicles, buy what you want.

I'm ok with a guy buying a big heavy duty pickup truck as long as he leaves it stock. If he has to change the wheels, use factory wheels intended for that truck. Don't raise or lower the truck. Basically leave it alone!

Can this stupid term just die already?
Must be fun getting angry at people on the road you don't have a direct interaction with, but you sure found a way to let them get inside your head. Weird stuff.
No anger here! I don’t care what people drive since I’m not paying for their vehicles! In my post I said I liked the big GMC! I thought it odd that nobody was commenting how obviously “ butt ugly “ ‘IMO‘ the snouty Tacoma is. I don’t care if a guy driving a Peterbilt uses it as a DD since I’m not financially or emotionally involved in his mode of transportation choices. Your reaction that my using the term “ virtue signaling do Gooders “ and you asking “can this stupid term just die already” seemingly hit a nerve with you…..now that’s weird!

This week I am in Southern California. The least number of full-size pickups on the road here I have ever experienced. Many of the parking spots here likely won't fit a full-size truck. Good question might be why Southern California drivers are not buying as many full-size trucks compared to the rest of the USA.

Disclosure- I have a 2002 F350 V10 crew cab, 2015 F350 V8 super cab, and a 2019 F350 diesel dually.

This week I am in Southern California. The least number of full-size pickups on the road here I have ever experienced. Many of the parking spots here likely won't fit a full-size truck. Good question might be why Southern California drivers are not buying as many full-size trucks compared to the rest of the USA.
I wonder if that's an urban-vs-rural thing? I'd assume once you get out into the desert or the central valley the number of pickups go way up.

No anger here! I don’t care what people drive since I’m not paying for their vehicles! In my post I said I liked the big GMC! I thought it odd that nobody was commenting how obviously “ butt ugly “ ‘IMO‘ the snouty Tacoma is. I don’t care if a guy driving a Peterbilt uses it as a DD since I’m not financially or emotionally involved in his mode of transportation choices. Your reaction that my using the term “ virtue signaling do Gooders “ and you asking “can this stupid term just die already” seemingly hit a nerve with you…..now that’s weird!
It's one of those terms that seems to be on repeat that I just don't understand. I don't understand why what anyone drives is trying to signal anyone. It doesn't make a bit of sense. I don't think anyone spends $50k+ on a car to tell anyone anything else. That's an expensive "signal".

I hate to tell you but I don't think anyone else gave a thought that you were hauling anything. I guess just be glad anyone is paying enough attention not to rear end you. 😂

Too low? Some of these new trucks have their headlights in the back window of my Touareg!

And then the mouth breathers install leveling kits.

And chinese LEDs
Everything blinds me at stock height in a GTI. I'm not exactly scraping my ass on the ground. It wasn't that long ago that a Golf was a normal car. The Model 3 isn't much higher. I only noticed this in my F150 with lifted or leveled trucks. Mine was stock, but it definitely told me after driving smaller cars that I was blinding everyone too and it had halogens.

hate to tell you but I don't think anyone else gave a thought that you were hauling anything. I guess just be glad anyone is paying enough attention not to rear end you. 😂
Respectfully, I don’t understand these two sentences.

I'm ok with a guy buying a big heavy duty pickup truck as long as he leaves it stock. If he has to change the wheels, use factory wheels intended for that truck. Don't raise or lower the truck. Basically leave it alone!
you mean you don't like Mall Crawlers..

my first HD truck , when trucks were trucks...and this was a nice one. LOL it had an underdash AC unit and a chrome bumper. Gas tank was directly behind the drivers seat, you knew when you needed gas because you could hear the float hitting the bottom of the tank. rubber floor.. manual steering and brakes..
41199865_2150980958309530_1263616267957305344_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back