Purchased Ford's Extended Service Protection for the 2019 F350 6.7L diesel

Does it have a cp4 pump or a cp3 pump?

The cp4 pump on my cousins Jetta died a few weeks ago, and the parts to convert it to a cp3 were the same price as a new cp4 so he's gonna have a cp3 pump Jetta TDI.
It is the CP4.. there is an aftermarket replacement for the CP4, but it is not the cp3.

Yes, I have read many stories of the CP4 failures and a $12k USD repair. I have also read many stories of trucks with 300k miles with no CP4 issues.

My plan is to continue to be proactive in fuel filter and water seperater replacement. Use fuel lube and purchase diesel at high volume station.

No guarantees in life, but hoping the above steps and the warranty reduce some of the risks.

Does it have a cp4 pump or a cp3 pump?

The cp4 pump on my cousins Jetta died a few weeks ago, and the parts to convert it to a cp3 were the same price as a new cp4 so he's gonna have a cp3 pump Jetta TDI.
Apparently CP4 pump failure has gotten so bad, it's reached meme status

$10k+ repair bills when it takes out all the injectors are not uncommon 😳
This was a wise purchase GON, hopefully it pays out over the years

• Haha
Reactions: GON
I remember this was Ricatic (or a similars
username) from fordtrucks.com. He lost his fuel system probably close to ten years ago. He was definitely a fanboy and I wonder if he ever got over his shabby treatment from Ford?

I wish you luck.

The biggest Ford fan boy I ever saw on an Internet forum, had his Bosch CP4.2 HPFP fail. There was zero signs of water contamination, but Ford still denied warranty coverage. A 12k repair later (owners car insurance picked up the tab, so we all get to pay higher premiums to cover the repair) and he got the truck back, and immediately sold it. The biggest Ford fan boy I've ever witnessed, no longer owns any Fords, after a lifetime of owning them.

Back