Does anyone need a truck like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This GMC HD with its Mack grill makes the Tacoma look like a Japanese Kei truck.

IMG_4641.jpeg

To answer the OP's question: If the purchaser needed a 3/4 ton truck...it's not as if he has a broad selection.
If gosh bling is what they're making.......
Actually, is the bling what you're focusing on or possible excessive size?

Last edited:
Sometimes I ask myself when creating new threads, "Am I sober?" "Is this interesting?" "Will others find this interesting?"

You have no idea why they bought it. Good luck guessing.
HA! Some web sites have a higher sober to not sober posting ratio than others, LOL! BITOG may be somewhere in the middle if I were to guess.

One is a commuter truck where someone wants the ability to grab some stuff from the hardware store for house projects.
Around here, they both are.

But it's a big tough truck, "made for work."

Yeah yeah yeah, I get it.

That grille is stupid. The hood height is stupid. At this point a CDL should be required to drive these ego-boosting "work trucks."

The very question would suggest that you are a city dweller, never stepped food on a farm, have never had anything to do with the construction industry, and never towed anything.

So, perhaps the question is, does anyone that spends their life in the office, need a truck like this.

In the past 3/4 and 1 ton trucks weren't quite so tall, but GM does GM things... The reptilian part of the brain does affect purchasing decisions and if "up high" is good for everyone to be in a SUV, upper "higher" is gooder!
I've never looked at these up close, but the floor height must be getting high enough to deter some buyers now... The look kind of ridiculous to me when I see them from the front, but I'm not buying them!
image.jpg

Short answer, yes.
Long answer is why is it any of your business? Do you know what that person does with the truck?
I tow tons of stuff, but it is not always hooked up to my truck.
Did you walk over and look at the amount and size of the coolers behind large opening? If you look at mine you can see the size of the condenser, there is also a huge transmission cooler, radiator, and power steering cooler.
I don't know about you but when I am towing my 8000lbs travel trailer over the passes in the summer it is nice to have the air
flow over all those coolers.
You have about three good choices when it comes to 3/4 ton and up trucks. GM, Ford and Ram. Even the Tundra has a big grill now, letting all the extra flow in for cooling.

front end.png

Last edited:
Of course but the real question is how many of these owners frequently utilize the features of a 3/4 ton. Need is proportional to the number of likely scratches, dings, and tire choice. Growing up we had a work truck for our property. The taillamps and certain body panels were held on with duct tape, I could see the ground through a hole in the floorboard, and a glasspack replaced the muffler. Yes it was 4WD.

Short answer, yes.
Long answer is why is it any of your business? Do you know what that person does with the truck?
I tow tons of stuff, but it is not always hooked up to my truck.
Did you walk over and look at the amount and size of the coolers behind large opening? If you look at mine you can see the size of the condenser, there is also a huge transmission cooler, radiator, and power steering cooler.
I don't know about you but when I am towing my 8000lbs travel trailer over the passes in the summer it is nice to have the air
flow over all those coolers.

View attachment 181748
How good or bad are the sightlines compared to your last truck? CoG? Maybe its just the styling cues that make it look "big"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back