Does anyone need a truck like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One also has to ask, the guy daily driving his HD truck, what does it cost to buy, insure, maintain, etc beater or second vehicle? Does the guy even have extra parking where he lives?

Thats why we got a SRW vs DRW 3500. It will do 99% of what we want/need to tow but work decently as a daily driver when needed. Since we upgraded our horse trailer, we are considering a DRW with 4.10 gears. I might daily drive that and find some tight parking spaces to tick people off. It always gets the lefties going.

One also has to ask, the guy daily driving his HD truck, what does it cost to buy, insure, maintain, etc beater or second vehicle? Does the guy even have extra parking where he lives?

Thats why we got a SRW vs DRW 3500. It will do 99% of what we want/need to tow but work decently as a daily driver when needed. Since we upgraded our horse trailer, we are considering a DRW with 4.10 gears. I might daily drive that and find some tight parking spaces to tick people off. It always gets the lefties going.

And they say driving an EV is an identity problem. This is the other side of that coin.

I drive my crew 2500HD when I have my kids, and a 97 TJ when I don't. I love my truck but I would *definite* rather park the TJ!!!

I have daily drivers, but don't really care what anyone else drives. None of my business. I creamed a Subaru Forester at 35mph with the 17 1 ton. T boned it. My seat belt didn't even lock up. Having said that it has crumple zones and totaled both vehicles, but everyone was ok.
I killed my Chevy, but got another Subaru off the road, so there is that. :) :D

And they say driving an EV is an identity problem. This is the other side of that coin.
What if I have a plug in hybrid mini van that gets 60 mpg in town, a beater sedan that gets 30 and an HD truck that gets 6? Not sure where I fit in here. I guess I just have an identity crisis.

What if I have a plug in hybrid mini van that gets 60 mpg in town, a beater sedan that gets 30 and an HD truck that gets 6? Not sure where I fit in here. I guess I just have an identity crisis.
I got 15 on this past tank in the 2024, Mixed driving. 18 Highway. I got better than 6 towing in the old truck....be realistic

I’ve got a 78 F250 4 speed manual, 460 on 35s. 6 is realistic.
I have a 72 K10 with a 396 and a TH350 on 32's. Maybe 9? That's why it's got two saddle tanks and one behind the seat ...

Speaking of safety issues, you gotta love driving a truck with two gas tanks located outside the frame rails and the third one in the cab with you. I mean seriously every time I look at the cigarette lighter in that thing I think about how many times previous owners just thought absolutely nothing about burning one right in the cab with their back practically touching the freaking gas tank.

Why are you worried about his parking? That never crosses my mind when I see any vehicle. But mine stays parked with the boat and trailer in the 30 foot by 40 foot building. The subvets float lives in another shed I built.

At least my tanks are both inside the frame rail and outta the cab being a 78. My brother in law has a 74 F250 hiboy and his has the in cab tank. My 87 Chevy k1500 was the last year of the square bodies and it had the tank outside the frame rail.

At least my tanks are both inside the frame rail and outta the cab being a 78. My brother in law has a 74 F250 hiboy and his has the in cab tank. My 87 Chevy k1500 was the last year of the square bodies and it had the tank outside the frame rail.
I think all square bodies did. My 88 3/4 ton was the first year it wasn't at least that is what I recall.

Just don't park next to a beater. They don't care about their paint job...or yours.
Because of size I park way at the end of the lot. It is best way to do it. I'm stuck on a plane right now so this place, this thread in particular is entertaining me.

I was at a sporting goods store recently and a black Chevy Suburban parked next to my Corolla Hybrid when I was already in the store. It was as if he/she purposefully saw the hybrid badges on my car and decided to park well off center for no reason and left me little room to get in my car. I put a door ding on that Suburban and my Corolla which has door edge guards wasn't damaged.

I was at a sporting goods store recently and a black Chevy Suburban parked next to my Corolla Hybrid when I was already in the store. It was as if he/she purposefully saw the hybrid badges on my car and decided to park well off center for no reason and left me little room to get in my car. I put a door ding on that Suburban and my Corolla which has door edge guards wasn't damaged.
Well and then there is this...SMH. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Damaging someone's property is a poor response. I would hate someone to do that to me if for some reason I messed up parking. You are also the reason I park at the end of lot.

Last edited:
Nostradamus?

And in ye years of the great sky wars, a tiney wimous beast wilt starteth a flame war with yon Great beasts of burden which shall lead to the Great beasts of burden retaliations upon the tiney wimous beasts resulting in flattened tiney wimous beasts.

This is why we can't have nice things. When people squeeze a hybrid Corolla in next to my big 'ol half ton (Great beast of burden n stuff) which is covered in dings and scratches because I do truck stuff with it, I don't rub my big old A/T tires into their tiny little puss fenders in retaliation. Though I guess it would be justified...... since the tiney wimous beast started it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back