Do you wear a watch anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always worn TIMEX watches. My 1st one was when I was 7 years old. It was a MICKEY MOUSE watch made by TIMEX.
I now wear a TIMEX EXPEDITION SCOUT watch with an RAF watch band.
Wrong date as well.
grin.gif

I don't unless I'm out in the woods or on the boat. Wife got me a digital watch with temperature and a compass. That compass has really come in handy sometimes out in the woods.

I have a timex expedition (battery type) that I have had since about 2005 then I have an older Waltham and an older timex from about late 70's early 80's that are the wind up type. I have always preferred watches and clocks with actual number dial with hands over the digital watches.

I haven't worn a watch in 30 yrs or so.
They got in the way and I can always find the time if I needed to.
Now I just use my phone or look up for the sun.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69

How close do you usually get looking at the sun? I'm usually +-30 minutes on a clear day on the lake, but that's knowing what time we got out of the car in the morning.

I wear a watch, always have.I`m not going to dig out my cell phone just to check the time . I like it right there in front of me and I check it often.Also don`t spend much money on a watch cheaper ones work fine . Current watches are Infantry,Casio, and Timex.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: Dallas69

How close do you usually get looking at the sun? I'm usually +-30 minutes on a clear day on the lake, but that's knowing what time we got out of the car in the morning.

I can usually look up in the sky and tell if it's AM or PM (night time or day time).

I'm wearing a Seiko Kinetic right now. When I'm outside working I wear a Casio. It's second nature to me but it seems to be a trend on the way out. I guess I officially qualify as "old school."

I thought apple was crazy bringing out their watch line but I see them all the time.

I wear a Garmin Forrunner 235. I use it when I ride my bike and it keeps track of my heart rate along with a bunch of other stuff.

My wife gets upset because my sleep is way better than hers. She never gets into deep sleep where I drop off a cliff until morning. LOL

I can usually get within an hour.
Not real good but good enough for me these days.
If I'm late for something I just say I got lost.

I wear fairly inexpensive watches.
workaday: Casio W735H $18, takes a licken
dress: Guess Stainless Steel $100 bought in mid 2000's, simple heavy but looks decent.

I rarely look at my phone for time. I have a smart phone for work, but if I didn't have to I would go back to a flip.

I grew up wearing a watch, and I still prefer to wear one in this age of smart phones. I prefer cheap Casios of various types, although I do have one Deep Blue with the always glowing radioactive tritium tubes.

I wear a Mondaine, for the seconds hand and clear readability. I got my phone for everything else.

My Mondaine is my dress watch

got a Casio for my oil change watch and a Seiko 5 for a automatic watch.

Last edited:
I'm 31. I love watches now after getting used to something on my wrist thanks to Fit Bit.

While I could probably get within 10 minutes of the correct time anytime you asked, I do wear a watch. It's the adult thing to do.

I love watches and have quite a few of them. I pretty much wear one every day and most of mine are mechanical dive watches which I prefer.

I wear a Fitbit Charge HR but I wish it had more time display options. If not for this I would really really like a G-Shock watch. I think I could wear my Fitbit on my dominant hand and a regular watch on my non-dominant but I'd feel like a tool.

I haven't worn a wristwatch since I retired 5 years ago. Heck, most of the time I don't even care about what day of the week it is!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: jonnied1
I haven't worn a wristwatch since I retired 5 years ago. Heck, most of the time I don't even care about what day of the week it is!
laugh.gif

I retired last year so I really don't need to know what time it is most of the time but I still like wearing my watches.

100% of the time that I am at work. A good, accurate Seiko.

I need to know what time it is, right now, with precision, and I can't use a cellphone.

And I still wear one about 90% of the time when I am not at work. A quick glance and flick of my wrist, vs. reaching and pulling out a cell phone.

I'll take off my watch and wedding ring to do dangerous/dirty tasks, but then it's right back on.

My oldest never saw much need for the watch that I bought her as a present - a titanium Seiko. Now, in her 3rd year of medical school, she realizes how critical that watch is. Her hands are often dirty, wearing gloves, or full with medical equipment, patient's hands, etc. and she cannot pull out her cell phone...but a quick flick of her wrist and she can see what time it is...very important in her profession.

Only a watch works in her profession...and she wears her Seiko every day now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back