Good place to buy a belt?

Hi!

As the title states, I’m am looking for a good place to buy a belt for my slightly updated wardrobe (Lost some weight, needed new jeans). I’ve looked at different places (Walmart, target, Kohls, Macys etc) and all I can find is flimsy cheap belts, or ones that are super bulky. I have an older belt given to me by wife (years before she passed away) where it is a nice, soft leather that is made in the USA.

I’m not much for fashion anymore, so I might need some more places to look (maybe not Amazon, lol)

Reactions: JC1
I've worn the same belt for 25 years or so. Eventually, I will copy it and make a new one. All I need to buy is leather, I have the tools and supplies, and I can reuse the hardware.

From top to bottom: N.Peal, leather shop, Etsy

A military canvas web belt is inexpensive but durable and goes well with cargo pants.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
I bought my current belt in a real men’s store in Auburn, AL, at least a decade ago. I wear it daily with my work clothes and suits. USA made, though I forget the brand. Cost me about $100.

Also have a heavy US made Orvis belt, bought it longer ago than that, 2008 maybe? Super quality, great on more casual clothes.

A nice thin belt with a Tiffany slider buckle is also timeless. I wear that with shorts.

Go to a website that sells custom holsters for handguns. They normally have some heavy duty belts.

Or go to a large gun show. Usually selling good belts there. They will cut them to length for your waist size.
Always ask for that piece of leather they cut off. Works good for stropping knives!:p

I've worn the same belt for 25 years or so. Eventually, I will copy it and make a new one. All I need to buy is leather, I have the tools and supplies, and I can reuse the hardware.

From top to bottom: N.Peal, leather shop, Etsy

A military canvas web belt is inexpensive but durable and goes well with cargo pants.
I think you got your money's worth

The pic dates back to early 2021. The Boot Shop Outlet in Rockbridge, OH.

img_0254-jpeg.43755

I got mine at Duluth Trading Co.
I have two from Duluth Trading Co. and both are guaranteed for life. I have a black one and a brown one and they are nice thick well made belts. Unlike the $15 belts that crack in about a year. I think I paid about $80 each for mine but I really like them and have had them for about 8 years.

Last edited:
I’m going on 5-6 years with my bullhide belt.
Mine was made in Ohio.

+111111

I'm wearing a 3 year old Bullhide belt, it's like new.

They also custom made me one, just like the one I ordered from their stock, in a different color with white stitching and it perfectly matched my Thorogood Walnut moc toe boots. I have a matching belt for the Thorogood Tobacco color boots and the walnut color. I think they only charged an extra $20.

FWIW, these aren't cheap belts, they aren't for the "economy minded engineer/spreadsheet driver" that is fairly rampant on internet forums, so if you're cheap, don't even look at them. Keep going to WM....

Mine came from Target, probably 15 years ago. Made in USA.

Unfortunately I can't say whether or not they still have them any more.... Maybe in another decade when this one finally wears out I will look!

The pic dates back to early 2021. The Boot Shop Outlet in Rockbridge, OH.

img_0254-jpeg.43755

This.
I've had plenty of overpriced belts in my lifetime, as I wore suits for over 30 years before I retired.
However, the absolute best value and longest lasting ones were Amish crafted.
The last leather one that I bought came from Lehman's Hardware in Kidron, Ohio.
Wore it everyday for five years until I retired (and it still looks good.)
Set me back $30.
Now, I just wear some cheap, stretchy belt that I picked up on clearance (at Costco) with my jeans.
Still use the Amish belt on the few occasions that I wear a suit.

Back