Do you floss your teeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I floss after breakfast,lunch,and before bed.

Why not after dinner? I could see snacks after dinner being the reason for before bed.

Yep that’s exactly why I do it right before bed. I eat up until the time I go to bed,so I floss,brush,rinse with antiseptic,then a fluoride rinse right before I jump into bed. Right after dinner I always rinse out my mouth.

Yes. I floss and brush teeth before going to bed. Seems like many would brush then floss but I do the opposite. My procedure is rinse, floss, rinse then brush. Its like washing your car. Back when I was a kid I had braces and I never flossed as it was a hassle, learned my lesson after getting a lot of cavities. At the dentist they polish your teeth after cleaning like waxing your car, can't do that at home.

I floss just about every day as well. Ever since they came out with the floss picks, I keep a few laying around so I can floss whenever I need. I never liked string flossing.

I virtually never floss and my teeth are in great condition. No problems at all.

I do brush twice/day and rinse twice/day.

Once a year, when the dental hygienist does it. The dentist sees the rest of the family twice a year, says there's no point in seeing me more than annually because my teeth and gums are great. He even complimented me a couple of years ago on my brushing and flossing routine?!? I don't even bother to brush before bed, I just sip vodka rocks all evening and I figure that kills the bacteria.

Brush twice a day with an Oral B electric toothbrush.

Afterward, I floss.

Then I use my Water-Pik filled with a mixture of water and Listerine to remove plague and anything the floss missed.

Lastly, I rinse with a 3-D whitening mouthwash.

I currently have braces so I have to do extra maintenance on my teeth for the next two years.

Originally Posted By: kjbock
I virtually never floss and my teeth are in great condition. No problems at all.

I do brush twice/day and rinse twice/day.

How old are you? And its not about the teeth its about the gums.

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
Once a year, when the dental hygienist does it. The dentist sees the rest of the family twice a year, says there's no point in seeing me more than annually because my teeth and gums are great. He even complimented me a couple of years ago on my brushing and flossing routine?!? I don't even bother to brush before bed, I just sip vodka rocks all evening and I figure that kills the bacteria.

Fair trade...disinfected mouth, weathered liver.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Sometimes I floss but I like these much better and they work better for me.
https://www.gumbrand.com/gum-proxabrush-go-betweens-cleaners-tight-10-ct-1.html

While these are great for cleaning around the teeth, if there are teeth touching, nothing beats flossing.
It fits into that super tight area that no brush can touch

LOL well frankly my teeth are so tight I have problems with floss breaking. With these in the thinnest style they work just fine. My dental tech told me these were better than floss if I'd use them. Is it worth it well I'll be 75 pretty soon and I still have my teeth. How many people over 74 do you know that still have all their teeth?

I hate regular floss but the tape works well. I think we use something with glide in the name. Thin, although it can break like anything else--but I just hate the feel of regular floss. Feels like yarn being pulled through my teeth.

Originally Posted By: maxdustington
Brushing, flossing and listerine is the key. .

This.

When I go to the dentist's office every 6 mos. for my cleaning, the hygienist often remarks that I've left her nothing to do!

Then the dentist gets mad because I refuse their x-rays.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I heard on WBZ 1030 AM Recent published studies have shown NO BENEFIT. So that's good for me being somewhat lazy and this being a weird and awkward proposition. I also read dental prophylaxis with gum trimming may introduce harmful bacteria into the blood stream that will destroy heart valves.

I see no need except after eating stringy meats or getting that odd corn root outta there
smile.gif

You are sadly uninformed. You heard one wierdo say its a waste and that trumps the entire health industry? And bty not flossing makes bacteria getting into the blood stream far more likely. One of the huge incentives for flossing is prevention of heart valve damage. But whatever.
smile.gif

I had gum disease and aggressive cleaning by dentist and flossiong and I have no more #4 or higher pockets.

No, I had one guy on an oil forum says its good
smile.gif

from NY Daily News:

Drop the floss.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has removed flossing as a recommended practice after questions arose about its helpfulness, the Associated Press reported Tuesday.
The AP reviewed the most rigorous research conducted over the past decade, concentrating on 25 studies that generally compared the use of a toothbrush with the combination of toothbrushes and floss
...Careless flossing can damage gums, teeth and dental work. Though frequency is unclear, floss can dislodge bad bacteria that invade the bloodstream and cause dangerous infections, especially in people with weak immunity, according to medical literature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back