Buick's new logo. Yay or nay?

I’m only 66 so Buicks don’t interest me. Maybe I’ll find them desirable in another 15-20 years.

A simple logo change will cost the company how much? How many millions? The tooling alone for new injection molds to change the badging is expensive. Who made the decision to spend money on a new logo instead of improving quality of the cars?

A simple logo change will cost the company how much? How many millions? The tooling alone for new injection molds to change the badging is expensive. Who made the decision to spend money on a new logo instead of improving quality of the cars?

They already make unique badges for each vehicle and typically change them up for any redesign so the cost for the new badge is negligible. Buick already makes a high quality automobile, they're always at the top of any quality survey.

Wild guess says no more than any other plastic bit that they change every so often. Grill, dash insert, whatever. Cheap parts (until it gets broken in an accident, but that's different).

Time and effort put into getting consensus on what it should look like? add that time up!

1676679113485.jpg

I think it looks alright. I guess it’s a good thing that I don’t worry too much about a manufacturers logo or vehicle badges,…my truck‘s badge is based on a smelly, hairy, horny sheep. 😒

Back