Buick's new logo. Yay or nay?

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Screenshot_20230216_184935.jpg

The old logo was terrible. This one is downright hideous. It screams "near-luxury, but not quite." 🤮

This is the end result when you purchase your logo on Fiverr. :rolleyes:

Reactions: GON
Does Buick still make vehicles? Sarcasm, but they sure don’t sell many here. The logo is fine, I guess.

What? You don't have any blue hairs in their Enclaves? I thought that was a Midwestern staple.

I have an aunt who is on her seventh or eighth Enclave. If she didn't keep getting different colors, no one would ever notice.

Poached from the internet.

Buick’s Badge Is a Scottish Military Emblem​

Scottish-American inventor and high school dropout David Dunbar Buick founded the Buick Motor Company 1903 in Detroit, Michigan. Unfortunately, he was forced out of the company for his financial decisions and died a penniless inspector in Detroit–but that’s another story.

When the company first began producing vehicles, the badges often involved text-based designs of the brand’s name. It wasn’t until 1937 when GM styling researcher Ralph Pew first discovered a description of the Buick family’s ancestral arms in Burke’s Heraldry (1851).

History no longer has an influence on anything.

buick.jpg

Was there something about the old logo (and the old GM logo too) that needed changing? I think not.

What's next, a new logo for Ford? Honda?

How about a new logo for Toyota? Although admittedly their current logo isn't very old (1990?).

Don't like it but I don't hate it. Probably just trying to make it look more cool and premium than the old grandpa Buick logo so the younger gen buys it.

The art department gave it a go- dont love it, but can live with it a while.

Back