“Cheap” Cars Still Exist: 2024 Buick Envista

Call me crazy, but for only $25k the new Buick Envista Sport is pretty sharp looking 🤷🏼‍♂️. The base trim is even cheaper ($23,495). Replaces the Encore and is based on the new 2024 Chevy Trax. Barely more than a base Chevy Cruze hatchback 5 years ago ($20,495).

IMG_8747.jpeg

IMG_8746.jpeg

IMG_8748.jpeg

1.2 Turbo / 6-speed auto. 30 MPG Combined

The more-expensive Encore it replaces:
IMG_8750.jpeg

Last edited:
What a joke. A new base model Prius has 60 more HP and gets double the EPA city.
Yeah I don't really get GM's little turbo motor SUV's and their poor mileage and utility... A base Forester is $26.5k with nearly double the cargo space, 29mpg combined even with AWD....
I guess some people don't need a vehicle with utility, and some chrome and a badge is worth paying more for?

Yeah I don't really get GM's little turbo motor SUV's and their poor mileage and utility... A base Forester is $26.5k with nearly double the cargo space, 29mpg combined even with AWD....
I guess some people don't need a vehicle with utility, and some chrome and a badge is worth paying more for?
Enterprise/Hertz said they needed an option for the "full-size" category. GM listened. ;)

What a joke. A new base model Prius has 60 more HP and gets double the EPA city.
Good point, only $3K more. I guess currently the real OTD price will be different, probably much more haggle room at the dealer for the Buick than the Prius with gas prices the way they are. I'd still go with the Prius.

Neither of those are sub $25k cars though, which is the whole point of this thread. This is priced like a Corolla Cross or Crosstrek.

You could also just pick the 2024 Chevy Trax.

Same vehicle, but starts at $21,495
IMG_8760.jpeg

Last edited:
Its apples to oranges. People aren't cross shopping a Prius to this vehicle, they're shopping other "micro" suvs. I know, my dad just bought a Trailblazer RS which is similar except with the 1.3. I tried to convince him it wasn't worth 28k, but he "liked" it. These cars are for elderly people or those who cannot see or drive. The car is smaller than his outgoing Equinox, which I actually liked besides the numb steering. Btw, he had an encore too.

Back