New 2023 Chevy Colorado

It’s a “midsize”, 4 cylinder. Its like a fat person ordering diet coke with their supersized fast food meal to cut back a little!

Honestly this colorado is going to be so big that I and possibly other consumers will just be better off going full size. It sure does look cool though.

Perhaps the 3/4 ton gas 6.6 GM will still be the way to go. I plan to wait until the dealers have to really work for sales again no matter what i end up with in the future.
You will be waiting the better part of two years-JMHO.

This new truck is out of step with the times. How come no hybrid version? Why is it so expensive? Why does it guzzle gas? I suppose it will appeal to those in red states who deny climate change.

I don't believe that "real truck" BS people like to say about certain trucks (hell... I like the Ridgeline) but an I4 is probably enough of a tough sell for their demographic let alone a hybrid offering.

crazy the hp/tq #'s out of a turbo 4 these days.....i like it, and it should look even better with the gmc version.. i would think this would give the tacoma a run..

How much will the Chevy dealer give me on my trade in 2019 Tacoma Access cab?

Started as a Sport, but now OR, fully loaded and lots of good mods. 6 speed MT. (don't mention lots of power, ECU reprogrammed away from car engine). Regeared. 15K miles. Will look at all offers.

How much will the Chevy dealer give me on my trade in 2019 Tacoma Access cab?

Started as a Sport, but now OR, fully loaded and lots of good mods. 6 speed MT. (don't mention lots of power, ECU reprogrammed away from car engine). Regeared. 15K miles. Will look at all offers.
6MT? Negative checkmark

Access cab? Negative checkmark

Extensive drivetrain mods with no factory warranty? yuck

Probably well under wholesale.

Depends on who evaluates the trade.
True.

Strangely a LARGE demand for MT's. Because of rarity nowadays.

An AC with MT and set for OR? Very rare bird. As much as I dislike doing private sales, may be the best bet. Dunno.

Years ago, ca 1995 we had a 1988 loaded S-10 Blazer. I detailed it to the nines in the fall. Looked sweet. Not many mods or anything, but time to sell. I just drove used car lots, until highest bidder. Price above what I was going to list it for. Essentially hassle free and no one coming to the house when we had small kids and stuff.

I've always liked the ZR2. IMO, it's the best mid-size off-roader you can get. The Multi-Matic DSSV's are fantastic and one of the few vehicles that have a front and rear locker.

If you want a great off-road vehicle that isn't the size of an aircraft carrier, with a bed, that has a front/rear locker, ton of torque, great styling inside/out, then the new ZR2 is a nice choice. The Ranger Raptor edges it out in power, but I think GM will have an answer for that.

I would also expect an EV version.

I seem to be in the minority here for who doesn’t like it lol. It’s not that great looking to me honestly. And no single cab. If I’m buying a truck it’s certainly not a family hauler I would want a single cab. And no V6? Come on Chevy this is why I only like your old stuff. Other than that I don’t like Chevy at all lol. I believe the first and second generation Colorado/Canyon were the best. Also if the OEM tire was a Goodyear Wrangler then those would be removed for free by the shop before I took it off the lot. If they would not do it then no sale simple as that. It’s definitely not as bad looking as the modern Ford Ranger though I’ll say that. The blue is nice but just not my style for trucks.
Have you ever run a single cab small truck for appreciable amounts of time? I have. Bought a 98 S-10 ZR2 new. Still own it. Love it.

But carrying anything is asking a lot. Even a backpack or lunchbox, if you have another rider is a lot.

Some might say just throw it in the back… we’ll what if it’s raining? So then you need a Rubbermaid box or a tonneau cover. I’ve used both. Both have pros and cons.

In reality a full size truck with 6+” behind the seat (like my single cab 96 Ram CTD) is somewhat doable. But small trucks are a much harder ask…

I seem to be in the minority here for who doesn’t like it lol. It’s not that great looking to me honestly. And no single cab. If I’m buying a truck it’s certainly not a family hauler I would want a single cab. And no V6? Come on Chevy this is why I only like your old stuff. Other than that I don’t like Chevy at all lol. I believe the first and second generation Colorado/Canyon were the best. Also if the OEM tire was a Goodyear Wrangler then those would be removed for free by the shop before I took it off the lot. If they would not do it then no sale simple as that. It’s definitely not as bad looking as the modern Ford Ranger though I’ll say that. The blue is nice but just not my style for trucks.
Do we ever look at the other numbers on this board? Or constantly lament the loss of "numbers" even when less "numbers" (i.e. cylinders, displacement-equates to "more") when this motor (2.7) has 310 horsepower-390 torque (my 5.3 has 355 and 383-416* ft.-lbs. @ 4,100 rpm). I mean really?

WE have to remember this motor was built from the "ground up" as a truck motor-and know one at GM just decided an existing motor in a truck application was OK for it.

Last edited:
Have you ever run a single cab small truck for appreciable amounts of time? I have. Bought a 98 S-10 ZR2 new. Still own it. Love it.

But carrying anything is asking a lot. Even a backpack or lunchbox, if you have another rider is a lot.

Some might say just throw it in the back… we’ll what if it’s raining? So then you need a Rubbermaid box or a tonneau cover. I’ve used both. Both have pros and cons.

In reality a full size truck with 6+” behind the seat (like my single cab 96 Ram CTD) is somewhat doable. But small trucks are a much harder ask…
My manual trans, manual t-case, manual hubs, regular cab, short bed enthusiast spec Ranger, that I sold to another enthusiast, is why I now prefer properly equipped Explorers.

IMO the turbo 2.7 in that smaller body will be easily adequate, and probably a cr@p#load of fun, not to mention possibly supporting good weight distribution, for a truck anyways. Granted it’s a big 4, and with metallurgy might weigh as much as a v6, but if it can drag a half-ton around town respectably and tow RVs about, it will have no trouble with the 3/4-size Colorado.

I’ve just not liked the previous version‘s interior - always felt like I was sitting deep down in a hole. Maybe they’ve improved there?

Back