“Cheap” Cars Still Exist: 2024 Buick Envista

Where did the window sticker say that the vehicle is assembled? I'm still curious as to whether it is assembled in S. Korea or China.
South Korea.

Find a Chevrolet dealer that has one for sale and look at the window sticker. I did not look at one for a Buick Envista, I'm assuming it's the same.

Why, they can’t buy more Hyundais or Nissans? Or they’re worried the former will disappear?
I wonder if that's still a thing between the rental car co's and the manufacturers today.

With what the average person is willing to pay for a Hyundai or Nissan off the lot these days, I doubt the manufacturers have a great desire to deal with fleet customers.

I know we have a heck of a time buying fleet pickup trucks at work. Very little to be had and what is, you have to wait months for.

I find it ugly, it's still a stupid crossover, and the badge looks terrible now.
Leave the badges alone. They are not the issue.

That 1.2l is equipped with a GM built CVT in the fwd Trailblazer. I read a review of it and they actually liked the CVT. I wonder why GM is mating it with a 6 speed auto in this application (cost, reliability)?

I think the biggest problem they had was they were cheap so people treated them as such and ran them into the ground. There's still quite a few Daewoo Leganza's And Chevy Aveo's (Daewoo Kalos) Running around in my parts. One of my friends is still rocking his early 2000's Aveo from high school 13+ years later
I don't know... I had a Chevy Aveo rental once on a business trip when they had nothing else left. It was possibly the worst car I've ever driven built after the mid 90s. When I made a sharp turn the AM radio would receive interference from the power steering. Not stable or confidence inspiring at all at highway speeds. The check engine light came on a day later and they gave me a Kia Rio as a replacement. It was about 10x better.

I will keep this car in mind for my parents replacement vehicle, since their Sonata is probably gone for good. The Preferred trim will be in their budget.

I don't know... I had a Chevy Aveo rental once on a business trip when they had nothing else left. It was possibly the worst car I've ever driven built after the mid 90s. When I made a sharp turn the AM radio would receive interference from the power steering. Not stable or confidence inspiring at all at highway speeds. The check engine light came on a day later and they gave me a Kia Rio as a replacement. It was about 10x better.
Still have near daily experience with one and haven't had any real issues or complaints. Doesn't feel too shabby at 70-80, it is a cheap car though made to a specific price point. Who knows what happened to a rental car before the next person gets it

There's duds in every make/model. My dad bought a brand new Lincoln Mark VII and it threw a rod through the block less than 30 miles from the dealership 🙃

Buick has always meant smart cars, for smart people. It actually means “high intellect” and “shadow warrior” in many foreign languages. As a matter of fact, we happen to have a Buick in the driveway.

South Korea.

Find a Chevrolet dealer that has one for sale and look at the window sticker. I did not look at one for a Buick Envista, I'm assuming it's the same.
When I lived in SK … some Buick’s were rebadged as Daewoo … There were not many - SK’s tend to be loyal to their own brands … and still are not the biggest Japan brand buyers …

The Envision is made in China.
Yup

The Buick Envision is a compact crossover SUV manufactured by General Motors. It is exclusively manufactured in China by the SAIC-GM joint venture, supplying the Chinese and North American markets.

I'll walk first.

Back