Best and worst Halloween candy

I still love popcorn balls if you can find them...They were popular when i was a kid in the 50s and 60s...Along with candy apples...the old type with the red candy over the apple...

Add me to the list who favors little Snickers and Mars bars and always hated Bit O'Honey,
But the worst treat was from people who gave you a pomegranate. They must have had one of those stupid trees and couldn't figure out what else to do with the fruit.

Bonomo turkish taffy.........yum

Banana or Vanilla? I wasn't a big fan of the strawberry or Chocolate flavours

taffy.jpg

As a kid in the 50's I loved any candy I got while trick or treating. What I didn't like was getting a piece of fruit like an apple or orange. Even had one older lady in our small town that would give us a hard boiled egg.

Best: Snickers or Reeces.

Worst: candy corn, tootsie rolls, and smarties, although smarties only because my fifth grade teacher gave them out all the time.

Best: almost anything chocolate.

Worst: candy corn, lollipops including Tootsie Pops, anything homemade such as candied apples, and yes, those circus peanuts. A lot of the candies you see mainly around Halloween, such as candy corn or circus peanuts, are just too sweet.

Was never a fan of candied apples anyway because the coating was like a rock covering the fruit, but my parents regarded anything homemade as suspicious because of possible tampering. This was when the concern over razor blades, pins, etc., in such things was high, and we're talking about the early 1970s. Candied apples were one of the main things that supposedly had been found hiding razor blades somewhere else in a previous year. My parents disposed of anything homemade we got during trick-or-treating after we returned home.

Back