Apple or Android?... What do you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an iphone 5 for 4 years. Worked flawlessly when I had it, except the battery was toast by its third year of owning it.

I was fed up with it and shopped around for phones. LG V series won me over. Got the V10 right before the V20 was out. Soooooo easy to replace the battery on it if it ever gets to the point of where my iphone was. The specs are good on the V10, so I don't see it really getting "slow" but it may. Battery life is my biggest concern and since I can replace mine with just my fingers and no tools it was a no brainer.

Now that I have had android for two years I will never go back. Like it way more the iOS.

Android for our personal phones, had a work supplied Iphone too. Used it for years, never much liked it, except for the fact it worked for what I needed it for, once time for a new work phone my work place told me to go to Verizon and get whatever I want, I passed on the Apple, took an Android.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Many apps that are baked into iOS are separate apps in Android, so frequent OS updates aren't necessary.

By the time I replaced it, my Android phone had so many unpatched remote vulnerabilities in the kernel that I wasn't even willing to let it connect to wi-fi networks that I didn't control. I eventually replaced it because it was behaving strangely, and have no idea whether that was due to app bugs or some kind of malware infection.

And that's ignoring the fact that many Android apps were spying on everything they could anyway.

iPhone 4s->6->7 currently. Never cared for iPhone 6 but the liked the rest.

My HTC Android was garbage, over sensitive screen. Required two calls to HTC support reloading OS. I gave up on Android but imagine they are much better.

My Samsung Y is getting old now, so my son gave me his old Nokia Lumia 635, a Windows 10 phone. A bit of a learning curve, and I don't know if I'll ever be happy with it, but a free upgrade can't be turned down. Transfering data between PC and phone is it's strong point...still learning. Not many apps available, and the one I really miss is Torque, there is no MS version, and the ones I can get won't work with my ELM327. I'll get around it. Oh, and I know they have dropped it, but I'm not a big phone person...months between calls and texts, I use them for music, camera and apps.

Only iPhone's for us. I will say though this iPhone X is the worse iPhone out of the 4, 5s and 6s I've had. No issue's with her 6s Plus or 7s Plus also. Screen doesn't work on some apps, other apps crash, Face ID doesn't work half the time, Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.. all I can think of right now. Only upgraded to get more storage so I could record the kiddo's programs since she works nights now.

LG G4 (Android.) I like to customize my phone with different apps and settings. Apple is not fond of customization so its Android for me.

Now if we are talking tablets...Ipads all day, every day. I have owned a few Android tablets and the quality/performance just isn't their. Apple makes the best all-around tablet IMO.

I use a Samsung Galaxy 4. My one and only iPhone was a 4 and I never cared for the iPhone having to be tied to iTunes to do something as simple as downloading music.
My son has an iPhone 5 and has lost his love affair for Apple products.
However, I am typing this post on an iPad 4th generation and it once was a wonderful, fast product. But with all the IOS updates....performance has suffered.

No more Apple products for me.

iPhone was first phone, had various ones for almost 8 years. Had Apple computers, too. Since Steve died the company is headed to pot. Could not even turn wifi completely off from control center on IOS 11 (turned it off for one day!). Got unlocked galaxy s7 for $500 and a new Surface Book 2 and love it. Android for the win.

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
I had an iphone 5 for 4 years. Worked flawlessly when I had it, except the battery was toast by its third year of owning it.

I was fed up with it and shopped around for phones. LG V series won me over. Got the V10 right before the V20 was out. Soooooo easy to replace the battery on it if it ever gets to the point of where my iphone was. The specs are good on the V10, so I don't see it really getting "slow" but it may. Battery life is my biggest concern and since I can replace mine with just my fingers and no tools it was a no brainer.

Now that I have had android for two years I will never go back. Like it way more the iOS.

Yeah I don't miss my IPhone SE one bit

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah I don't miss my IPhone SE one bit

What did you do with it? Was it paid off yet?

Matt: yes,paid off as of 2 months ago. May give to nephew when older or target practice with the Remington 870 wing master
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: UG_Passat
android is so much nicer when it comes to memory. Easy to buy a microSD card to expand the memory for photos and videos

Yeah, apples constant, never ending updates sucked too.

Love the new phone, 10 minutes to do anything on it
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back