Apple or Android?... What do you have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ended up with a Iphone SE, got at a good deal since it is locked to TFW.

It "just works"

Previously had some [censored] Samsung budget phone from 2008. I like to keep my phones off when driving, so booting up that Android OS was cringe, took 4 minutes to start, (google play bloatware, email check, update check, etc.) after a 4 min boot up then I can dial a number without lag....

I considered a Moto G5 or Blackberry One, however the BB are plagued with reliability problems(for a new phone) the chichlet keypad not as durable, and possible setup issues... Not to mention screenlift from lack of glue....eek

Last edited:
Android. Just picked up the Essential phone from Sprint for their $6\mo lease deal. I missed out on the $5 goof up that they had a month ago.

Either way I am in love with it. Edge to edge display, ceramic and titanium build, 100% stock vanilla Android. The only OEM app that comes preinstalled is the camera. From what I hear it was terrible at launch, much better now. I find it perfectly acceptable.

I look at it as all the hardware and sexy-ness of an iPhone X for 1\4 the price!

Windows mobile. Lumia 735.
grin.gif

Symbian.

But I wanted a phone with excellent hardware, software and app support so Apple.

iPhone.

Not really into technology or learning a new setup.

*Well I am into tech.. smart phones just aren't that important to me.

Last edited:
I have to ask this question...

Do you sit around thinking of topics to talk about on here??

Because if you do... You really do a good job of it. They are always interesting and many people answer the questions. I have to say you do a very good job of this. And, I actually mean this has a positive thing/compliment.

Last edited:
Hundred buck Motorola Androids work fine for us, but they're just handsets to us and not a lifestyle.
These things are handy tools and nothing more.
Those who adopt them as a lifestyle have some problems.

A Pixel with plain, unadulterated Android, something one can't get with Samsung. I've written a couple of apps to automate some stuff that's important to me and I don't like dealing with a version of a phone with "helpful" additions that just get in the way or going through loops to install my stuff.

I like to put my Pixel aside and use it only when needed. I still read books with paper pages and go outside in the sunlight during the day. I'm splitting pine tree logs for firewood and I could use an app for that but in the meantime its wedges and an 8-pound log splitter. Tonight I'm reading a book about Scott Crossfield's life and I'm turning the pages by hand, no battery required.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
I have to ask this question...

Do you sit around thinking of topics to talk about on here??

Because if you do... You really do a good job of it. They are always interesting and many people answer the questions. I have to say you do a very good job of this. And, I actually mean this has a positive thing/compliment.

Good point colonel
smile.gif

Next post by him will probably be what brand of toilet paper do you use or something that makes people say WTFART?!

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

Previously had some [censored] Samsung budget phone from 2008. I like to keep my phones off when driving, so booting up that Android OS was cringe, took 4 minutes to start, (google play bloatware, email check, update check, etc.) after a 4 min boot up then I can dial a number without lag....

What do you expect from a 9 year old device? This would be like me complaining about my windows 95 PC being slow.

At any rate, why not just put it in airplane mode while drivng?

iPhone 6 at work and 6s for personal. Both normal size.

Not feeling any particular need to upgrade either.

Iphone SE, its cheap with no contract good power with a 4" screen. The day no more 4" screen I will go back to a old flip phone or Nokia chocolate bar.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Don't drink the cool-aid, Apple supports child labor, Samsung does not. Samsung is made in S. Korea.

Also, you can do more with your Android phone.

Sadly, Samsung has long made components for Apple products.

ALWAYSAndroid for me. will never own an apple device.
Currently a MotoX Pure Edition. Previous Phone was a 1st Gen MotoX, Both customized through the MotoMaker website.

next up is likely a Pixel 2.

Neither, BB10 on BlackBerry Z30 is my current phone. Best smartphone I've had so far, unfortunately the lack of support if finally getting to me and I'm looking to go back to Android. My wife has had several iPhones, so I know them quite well since I have to trouble shoot every little thing, and I'm not really interested in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back