Going to get to play with a apple phone

I'd change any device os if it were a free phone. I just can't justify buying a new device while my xr is still supported. Any one else out there on a device at least 5 yrs old

Pluses and minuses.

They are different obviously, but not that different.

I know android devices are customizable, but what I like about iPhone 14 is the geek level customability. I can set up stupid things easier in the front screen, right dropper screen, etc. What I don't like is the windows don't scrolltate 360°. They do in Android. Odd that.

My favorite is when the one Android phone on a group text with Apple causes videos to look blurry and low resolution like a flip phone took it. Also pictures look like trash.

Not sure if Android folks see this or just used to it . All iPhones it works , wonder if the same for all Android.

Last edited:
My favorite is when the one Android phone on a group text with Apple causes videos to look blurry and low resolution like a flip phone took it. Also pictures look like trash.

Not sure if Android folks see this or just used to it . All iPhones it works , wonder if the same for all Android.
this is a well known iphone issue. the pix and vid go though apple servers which lower the resolution . never had an issue doing pix and vid android to android. i think the adoption of rcs by apple may solve this issue .

this is a well known iphone issue. the pix and vid go though apple servers which lower the resolution . never had an issue doing pix and vid android to android. i think the adoption of rcs by apple may solve this issue .
Yeah used to be even worse. Always dropping someone off, you knew who had the iphone. Now seems better,

1700966874106.jpg
This guy is talking on his apple phone . :ROFLMAO:

SMS and MMS don’t go through Apple servers, you’re entirely at the mercy of your carrier. T-mobile and ATT for example limit MMS to 1 megabyte. Basically everything gets compressed to hell and back and you’re left with something that looks worse than a potato.

I for one welcome RCS.

I'd change any device os if it were a free phone. I just can't justify buying a new device while my xr is still supported. Any one else out there on a device at least 5 yrs old
I've got the XS from 2019 so not quite 5 years yet. I may go tomorrow and trade-in for a 15. By having the self-control to wait to get it I can get in on the $200 Apple gift card promo going on now. Plus the trade-in money. Quite a savings against rushing out the first day to get it.

Yeah used to be even worse. Always dropping someone off, you knew who had the iphone. Now seems better,
So guessing Apple uses their platform to do messsges and reverts to carrier if an Android present. The same is true of Android using its own until it has to revert to SMS.

got it on monday. been playing with it since then. its a solid phone and i like the wireless charging which my old phone did not have . one thing i don't like is the inabilty to size the icons. the other thing is car play . its not as polished as android auto.

what is so funny is that so many people that i texted asked me if i got a new iphone. they can tell because instead of green , i am blue now .

truthfully if i could get a pixel 8 pro i would run that , but i ain't the type to pony out that much for a phone .
Your messages are blue now because Apple to Apple text messages use superior Apple Messaging service.
You are also able to send full screen size video's to other apple users. You can also on the fly, lets say your in a conversation and someone is telling you about an item, on the fly you can switch to "FaceTime" and have a live video call.

You say Apple CarPlay is not as polished as Android. I cant help you with that unless your doing something different, also remember there are two devices, its not just your phone but also the unit in the car/device that might not be as polished.

So guessing Apple uses their platform to do messsges and reverts to carrier if an Android present. The same is true of Android using its own until it has to revert to SMS.
Well, not exactly. Androids standard text messaging system has always been SMS. Its just an old format(like an (okidata printer*LOL*) its almost retarded in this day and age. Google has been trying to get off the ground a system like Apple has for gosh, what a decade?
It's finally starting to bear fruit, just over a year ago Samsung and Google decided to make their phones compatible with RCS. A system with capabilities similar to what Apple has been using for a decade.

Now that the Android world will have, FINALLY an up to modern standards text messaging platform Apple will also make their devices compatible with it next year. At the same time they will keep their messaging platform for Apple to Apple users and yes, the green bubble for Android users will still be there. So we will know who you are! 😂🤣🥳

I traded my XS for an iPhone 14. $514 after discounts and trade-in. That will cover phone needs for the next 4-5 years like the XS did before it. I'm so very thankful I no longer have to spend fortunes on newest/latest/greatest as soon as possible. Maturity has its advantages sometimes.

I just switched tonight from XR to 14 plus; i've had it nearly one year as an used item, I never run into problem with it but its time to move on. It was a bridge phone for me because I shattered my previously owned 13 in pieces that was a powerhouse of the phone

I got a 14 tonight due to $75 gift card offer if you buy one thru the midnight

my wife is at a X at the moment, bought it as a brand new one still no mayor issue with it overall, but she is eyeing for a 15 model

Back