$20 smartwatch vs Apple SE

We paid to have a home inspector come through our house, first time in my life I hired one but our one year new home warranty is coming to an end and thought it's not a bad idea. Though most stuff will be minor I might as well have the builder comeback and fix everything in the report instead of me doing it.

Anyway. We know I am a fan of Apple Watches, this inspector maybe 15 or more years younger than me, I noticed his Apple Watch. Started giving him advice on the ECG function as he gets older.
He responds, oh yeah, well for me right now it's great as Im concerned if I ever fall off a ladder, a roof or in an attic the fall detection could save my life instead of laying someplace unable to get help. He is correct.

We paid to have a home inspector come through our house, first time in my life I hired one but our one year new home warranty is coming to an end and thought it's not a bad idea. Though most stuff will be minor I might as well have the builder comeback and fix everything in the report instead of me doing it.

Anyway. We know I am a fan of Apple Watches, this inspector maybe 15 or more years younger than me, I noticed his Apple Watch. Started giving him advice on the ECG function as he gets older.
He responds, oh yeah, well for me right now it's great as Im concerned if I ever fall off a ladder, a roof or in an attic the fall detection could save my life instead of laying someplace unable to get help. He is correct.
Home inspectors...LoL...the mall cops of the real estate industry!

Do keep in mind that many versions of smart watches have fall detection, voice activated features, etc. I do find it hilarious that you felt the need to 'give advice' on how he should embrace ECG function. Yes, clearly it helped sort things with your health, just call me crazy that I won't entertain the idea of a watch monitoring everything I do.

Do keep in mind that many versions of smart watches have fall detection, voice activated features, etc. I do find it hilarious that you felt the need to 'give advice' on how he should embrace ECG function. Yes, clearly it helped sort things with your health, just call me crazy that I won't entertain the idea of a watch monitoring everything I do.
You find it hilarious taking charge of your health? Then needing to comment on it?
To each his own, I find it hilarious your need to comment.

No kidding? Other watches have fall detection? Of course, so why comment on that? Why do you care what brand a worker chooses for his smart watch?
Were you aware If the inspector fell and there was no cell service, his iPhone and watch would still be able to contact emergency services using a satellite service and transmit his location? I doubt you knew.

Samsung has been working to catch up on this and I suspect other Android devices. Of course with Apple it just works.

You certainly like to twist things around like
'give advice' on how he should embrace ECG function
I think you need to go argue with someone else. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4WD
You find it hilarious taking charge of your health? Then needing to comment on it?
To each his own, I find it hilarious your need to comment.

No kidding? Other watches have fall detection? Of course, so why comment on that? Why do you care what brand a worker chooses for his smart watch?
Were you aware If the inspector fell and there was no cell service, his iPhone and watch would still be able to contact emergency services using a satellite service and transmit his location? I doubt you knew.

Samsung has been working to catch up on this and I suspect other Android devices. Of course with Apple it just works.

You certinally like to twist things around like

I think you need to go argue with someone else. ;)
I find it hilarious that people rely so heavily on a simple jack-of-all trades watch that is the master of nothing for health related purposes. On forums I've read countless threads on people thinking they're dying because of sleep patterns, low O2 readings, etc. from a watch. So yeah, I'll gladly LMAO on that sort of technology reliance. Without a screen in front of them some people are simply lost.

Maybe YOU should read up on what other brands do as they are far from trying to play catch up to Apple. What happens when that DuhWatch dies from pathetic battery life, but a Garmin is still going on solar power for weeks with no external charging needed? Granted we all have our favorites, but you really kiss Apple behind when there are superior products out there. Actually you remind me of that family member of mine that just has to spend on the brand name as they assume it's the best because of the cost, etc. Suckers are born every minute!

Back