2024 Civic w/NA 2.0 - Honda recommends 0w-20 - Suggestions and thoughts?

Highly doubt it based on generic filters used at drive through oil change shops.

Give them a call about using a different oil filter?

Choose whatever makes you comfortable. Remember Honda doesn't make oil filters. But if you're looking for the best, Honda OE is not it.
Im going to email the service center where I bought it and see what they say.

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
Just learned a new tip for Honda owners with CVTs. Apparently the transmission vent gets clogged with debris and pressure will push the fill plug out.

Specific to Civic, there’s a ton of road debris that lands in that area. I saw a bunch of oil residue on our 2016 trans area last night and surprise surprise the fill plug had come out and was sitting on top of the trans.

Hoping it didn’t ingest anything harmful into the trans. There was some small debris stuck to the oil in the top of the fill hole bore that I cleaned out.It’s almost due for service anyhow so I’ll be doing that this weekend.

The plug was extremely loose upon re installation. I pulled the fluid level plug to check and it wasn’t low. I check the oil in that car every couple weeks and I didn’t notice that last time so hopefully it’s not been open for too long.

May look into an expandable plug for it or just replace the factory plug at every service. I don’t recall it being loose when I serviced it last. Cleaned the vent out for good measure but it didn’t seem clogged.

Back