Post your latest beer consumption

Avery Maharaja Imperial India Pale Ale.
First IPA I've drank that may equal Pliny The Elder!
Wonderful IPA.
maharaja.jpg

Originally Posted By: dave123
Had Three Floyds Gumballhead wheat beer will be drinking alot of this in summer easy drinkig and 4.7 ABV makes it a all day and into the night beer.

++1

Though I was somewhat surprised at the low ABV (4.8%) for this high quality beer.

Originally Posted By: Gradient
Avery Maharaja Imperial India Pale Ale.
First IPA I've drank that may equal Pliny The Elder!
Wonderful IPA.
maharaja.jpg

Gotta give Gradient and Avery two thumbs up for this one, too!

I was visiting relatives in Central Illinois this past weekend and stopped at Friar Tuck's in Champaign, IL to peruse their great selection of beers.

I landed several bottles of Port Brewing's offerings (is this the same as Pizza Port in San Diego?), including their (what else?) "Old Viscosity," (the label says "not your Dad's 30 weight oil"), Panzer Pils (the label is a picture of a German Panzer on one of San Diego's beaches), and "Wipe-out IPA." All great brews.

Two thumbs up to Ballast Point's Sea Monster Imperial Stout, too!

Page number 5 of this thread rocks! Good choices, all of them. Shoutout to MNGopher, I'm a member of Surly Nation too!

Drinking on some Rush River Bubblejack tonight. Just a solid easy drinking session IPA.

Got pretty drunk last night, was suffering from "Fitzgerald's Fugue" today. (Named after F. Scott Fitzgerald, writer and notorious boozer, who coincidentally lived in my neighborhood most of his life, it's the light fog you walk around in all day after a night of hard drinking) Best way to get back in the saddle is a little hair of the dog.
10.gif

Anyone concerned, no worries. I only drink on non-work nights, first time in forever I've had more than 1 day off in a row, and I'm fully enjoying it! Cheers, slainte, salut!

Founders KBS tonight can't put it into words but unreal waited all year and a 40 mile drive now have two four packs.

Originally Posted By: dkryan
Originally Posted By: dave123
Had Three Floyds Gumballhead wheat beer will be drinking alot of this in summer easy drinkig and 4.7 ABV makes it a all day and into the night beer.

++1

Though I was somewhat surprised at the low ABV (4.8%) for this high quality beer.

That's not a low ABV. Most IPA's are traditonally 3-5% ABV.
For comparison Greene King IPA is 4% ABV. Budweiser is 5% ABV and Miller Light 4.3% ABV.

As Homer Simpson Always says "MMM Beer" I had Mephistopheles' stout, and thought it was a little "hoppy" for my taste, All you need is one 12oz bottle as it's listed as 16.83%abv. I had honeyweiss, and found it was waaaay to sweet, and dry. I like Bass, http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/252/731/ and one of my favorites Weihenstaphaner.

I bought a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada Porter and it is a decent porter, but I would save a few bucks and buy the Michelob porter before I buy the SN again.

Just picked up a case of Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA. I taste a lot of grapefruit in this beer. So far so good. It is 7.2% ABV.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
Just picked up a case of Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA. I taste a lot of grapefruit in this beer. So far so good. It is 7.2% ABV.

Doin' that now. Sierra Nevada ales are famous for that pungent grapefruit flavor across the board, but far more noticeable in Torpedo Extra IPA...

Back