2023 tally of the "Post your latest oil change" thread

Awesome job by the OP. Thanks for doing that.

I am shocked a bit that Royal Purple is no place to be seen. That corporation really seems to have taken a great fall, a nose dive since around 2010 or so. I know the company changed hands and that scared off lots of their customers. I do not even see it advertised like at one time? RP even used to be seen all over the place in motor cycle racing / drag strips / open wheel racing and even stock cars etc....
YET, No more? Or I just do not see it....
In the early 2000s all the mechanical engineers where I worked did a years long lubrication study and finally made us change to RP on just about every pump / turbine / gearbox / compressor etc.... across our entire plant site.
We actually were able to extend the rebuilds and overhauls of lots of major equipment as the oil sample tests results showed great. Plus those machines looked almost brand new inside when we popped them open after the usual 12 to 18 mo runs. Bearings looked almost like the day we installed them. It was a real eye opener at the time. We were able to jump from major overhauls of turbines from the every 12 mos (they had done for years) to 18 to 24 mos based on the amazing improvements we were finding. I retired in late 2008 so I never
got to see just how far they went and the final results of all those changes to RP. When I left it was looking like a really good preventive maintenance move on their part. My employer even owned a major oil/gas company at the time , YET they still chose to make the switch with almost all equipment to the RP lubricants instead. As a result, even though I do not use RP I have been shocked at how it seems to have fallen off the planet? Anyone have some knowledge of what happend or is going on with RP? I know it is and has always been priced like it was liquid gold or something and that I am certain keeps lots of folks from even trying it. (NO - I DO NOT work for or own stock or have a thing to do with Royal Purple)

Awesome job by the OP. Thanks for doing that.

I am shocked a bit that Royal Purple is no place to be seen. That corporation really seems to have taken a great fall, a nose dive since around 2010 or so. I know the company changed hands and that scared off lots of their customers. I do not even see it advertised like at one time? RP even used to be seen all over the place in motor cycle racing / drag strips / open wheel racing and even stock cars etc....
YET, No more? Or I just do not see it....
In the early 2000s all the mechanical engineers where I worked did a years long lubrication study and finally made us change to RP on just about every pump / turbine / gearbox / compressor etc.... across our entire plant site.
We actually were able to extend the rebuilds and overhauls of lots of major equipment as the oil sample tests results showed great. Plus those machines looked almost brand new inside when we popped them open after the usual 12 to 18 mo runs. Bearings looked almost like the day we installed them. It was a real eye opener at the time. We were able to jump from major overhauls of turbines from the every 12 mos (they had done for years) to 18 to 24 mos based on the amazing improvements we were finding. I retired in late 2008 so I never
got to see just how far they went and the final results of all those changes to RP. When I left it was looking like a really good preventive maintenance move on their part. My employer even owned a major oil/gas company at the time , YET they still chose to make the switch with almost all equipment to the RP lubricants instead. As a result, even though I do not use RP I have been shocked at how it seems to have fallen off the planet? Anyone have some knowledge of what happend or is going on with RP? I know it is and has always been priced like it was liquid gold or something and that I am certain keeps lots of folks from even trying it. (NO - I DO NOT work for or own stock or have a thing to do with Royal Purple)
The planet? This is just a very informal list of very specific people who happen to post to BITOG when they do an oil change. I for one have done Amsoil oil changes and never posted them here.

Now you do have a point. There are many here who do eschew RP for various reasons. Plenty of threads on that.

This may be too much to ask, but what if for the 2024 tally it was released with quarterly updates? Q1 is almost over. Would be interesting to see if there's been any movement in the order of popularity to start the year.

This may be too much to ask, but what if for the 2024 tally it was released with quarterly updates? Q1 is almost over. Would be interesting to see if there's been any movement in the order of popularity to start the year.
Forgot to add "Thanks in advance" which would have got him more motivated.

Make sure to give a follow up with the preface “Per our last correspondence….”
Always one of my faves....forward the last email and say "Per my last email" and copy their boss.

Back