Most Embarrassing car to drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Artem

stupid-car-spoilers-8.jpg

Nice girder sized spoiler on that Mopar. I especially like the wood construction. Doubles as a small picnic table!

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Remember these???

pontiac-aztek-1.jpg

This one has to be on the list..

Jeff

The other cars like the Cube and the Element, make the azteck look good!

Goofy looking is acceptable if it is practical. Nissan Cube is awkward looking, but since is practical, it is useful. The Azktek is ... radically ... styled, but it's a useful, spacious crossover.

I have always thought if the Aztek had say a Honda or Toyota emblem on it, it still would not have sold well but it would have been pegged as revolutionary or ahead of it's time.

Originally Posted By: Jeffs2006EvoIX
Remember these???

pontiac-aztek-1.jpg

This one has to be on the list..

Jeff

"Hey, Mr. White! Get a real car, yo!"

Originally Posted By: Artem

2003_chevrolet_ssr_f34_fe_610131_500.jpg

I kind of like it. It's got a "1964-Listening to the Beach Boys" custom vibe to it.

I can imagine the model company, AMT, offering it as a custom assembly kit. . . .

People that drive the Nissan Cube and Nissan Joke (I mean Juke) seem to really love them, so I doubt they are embarrassed. But I have to agree that out of current production cars, they have to top the list on butt ugly.

I also find the new front end that Lexus is putting on their entire lineup is super ugly. But, just like the Juke and Cube, people buy them, so I guess some like it.

800px-2007ChevroletHHR-001.jpg

HHR, if we're only counting cars we've actually had to drive. It was a rental, and the only car left in "economy/compact". I should have paid a few extra $$ for a car with actual forward visibility, that might also not have looked like it was dreamed up by Grandpa Simpson.

I was stuck with a mom driving this as Subaru's were too tinny for her and we required AWD/4wd where we lived 5th grade thru college. She gave it to me in college it languished in a remote college lot with occasional use if we were desperate. Not ours but we had same color and wood grain.

AMC-Eagle.jpg

Originally Posted By: rjundi
I was stuck with a mom driving this as Subaru's were too tinny for her and we required AWD/4wd where we lived 5th grade thru college. She gave it to me in college it languished in a remote college lot with occasional use if we were desperate. Not ours but we had same color and wood grain.

AMC-Eagle.jpg

I remember having to replace the master and slave cylinder in a manual transmission Eagle.

The reservoir for the master cylinder was an open ended, clear, 3/8" vinyl tube with a line and "FULL" heat stamped on the OD. It stuck up between the inner fender and brake booster.

15.gif

AMC-Eagle.jpg

Want!

The old AMC Eagles are cool

I vote for any medium-duty truck IF you are an accountant who lives in the 'burbs. Basically any daily-driver truck owner who has an office job and under an acre of land is a bit of a poser.
dodge-ram-2500-crew-cab-4x4_372a7.jpg

I also vote for this as second...
ram_2500_82212738.jpg

Only because hunting trucks are old truck that *might* not pass their next inspection and have more rust than paint.

Last edited:

AMC-Eagle.jpg

I was with a girl who had one of these. Identical to the pic but hers had more rust. Believe it or not the car ran like a top and would go anywhere. The 4wd worked great.
A highway spot check took it out of service though. It was in Ontario and rust had turned the floor pan into Swiss cheese.
Exhaust didn't leak though. So no huffing fumes

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
I vote for any medium-duty truck IF you are an accountant who lives in the 'burbs. Basically any daily-driver truck owner who has an office job and under an acre of land is a bit of a poser.

My cousin was a CFO at a big financial firm here. He had a big F-350 dually diesel. He'd take it to work on occasion, though that was more the exception, rather than the rule. Ironically, he had a reason to have such a truck, since he had a very large fifth wheel trailer and did a lot of camping. I don't think he wanted to try to park the F-350 downtown on a regular basis, though.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: FutureDoc

My cousin was a CFO at a big financial firm here. He had a big F-350 dually diesel. He'd take it to work on occasion, though that was more the exception, rather than the rule. Ironically, he had a reason to have such a truck, since he had a very large fifth wheel trailer and did a lot of camping. I don't think he wanted to try to park the F-350 downtown on a regular basis, though.
wink.gif

It is getting bad in some places. My family farms and we have large trucks so I can tell if they are being used or not. If there is a legitimate use, why not? They are tools to do a job... tools without jobs are.... hummm. Occasional use, like your bother, is no big deal. I guess it might be my area of the country, but I see a lot of guys trying to have that big truck regardless of use. A buddy of mine has a F250 and works as an accounts person at the hospital. Worse, he complains about gas prices. Luxury trucks are just as bad, who would show up at a worksite with a gold-plated hammer. Yeah, THAT guy.

Actually, because big trucks can be common enough, some parking garages in my area give the first spots to large vehicle so they don't have to loop around the garage. Basically, it is semi-handicap spaces.

My cousin definitely gets his use out of it. He's had it for a good fifteen years already, if I recall correctly. It was that top end model of the time, with four captain's chairs and all. It's definitely pretty, but does the work. He still has it, and I saw him at a family funeral a couple weeks ago out of town; he took it there.

When he first got it, he had a Bonneville SSei as his daily driver, and then he got a BMW after that. I'm not even sure what he has these days.

But yes, there are way too many of those guys with the big trucks that don't do much with them, and yes, complain about the gas prices, or 4x4 maintenance and repairs. That's why I have my old F-150. It does the trick when I need to move stuff around and when road conditions aren't quite ideal. But, I sure as heck don't need a giant 4x4 diesel for all my pavement cruising.
wink.gif

My little brother had a 1986 (I believe it was) Olds Firenza station wagon. That was more embarrassing than my mid-size LTD, for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back