Most Embarrassing car to drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should limit this to production cars, factory colors. Otherwise we could go on and on as customization is fuel for ridicule.

The Spaztec is one. Gremlin is another. AMC Matador, Ford Pinto, There are lots of embarrassing cars out there. There is a butt for every seat tho...

ma_license_plate.jpg

Anything with these! If I get a rental car I'll turn it back in for another if it comes with Mass plates.

Before the flames, I grew up there and learned to drive, passed my license exam the first time. Either an accomplishment or non-event depending on your POV.
lol.gif

So maybe an Aztec with family stick figure decals on the rear glass and Mass plates is the trifecta of shame.

I'm also embarrassed around any of the heart-on-your-sleeve plates like "I passed college" or "I love animals." Even vanity plates are a little flashy, unless they convey some subtle pun.

Quote:

Anything with these! If I get a rental car I'll turn it back in for another if it comes with Mass plates.

Most Eastern MA people don't realize most of MA is west of Wuhsta.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Nissan Juke:
Nissan_Juke_%2827%29.JPG

Nissan mis-named this one. It was a typo.

Looks like a mutant Leaf that took a fierce uppercut from Mike Tyson.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
ma_license_plate.jpg

Before the flames, I grew up there and learned to drive, passed my license exam the first time. Either an accomplishment or non-event depending on your POV.
lol.gif

So maybe an Aztec with family stick figure decals on the rear glass and Mass plates is the trifecta of shame.

I'm also embarrassed around any of the heart-on-your-sleeve plates like "I passed college" or "I love animals." Even vanity plates are a little flashy, unless they convey some subtle pun.

Ma$$hole as we say in CT.

Just about anything Chinese...

Like the BYD. Stands for "Build Your Dream". Only if your "dream" is a 15 year old Corolla exterior with a 25 year old Mitsubishi 4G15 powering it. Then it's more of a nightmare.

But the ultimate winner has to be the Tang Hua Detroit Fish.

Yes, the car's name is the "Detroit Fish".

tanghua.jpg

Detroit should sue.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
Just about anything Chinese...

Like the BYD. Stands for "Build Your Dream". Only if your "dream" is a 15 year old Corolla exterior with a 25 year old Mitsubishi 4G15 powering it. Then it's more of a nightmare.

But the ultimate winner has to be the Tang Hua Detroit Fish.

Yes, the car's name is the "Detroit Fish".

tanghua.jpg

Detroit should sue.

So should Tang! (tm)

Astronauts drank that stuff! Red blooded American space explorers!

This thing stickered for almost 35 grand in 1989. It may not have been a truly awful car for its day, but it would be a humiliation if someone thought you were stupid enough to pay twice the price of a Lebaron GTS for it.

600-Chrysler-TC.jpg

I had to drive my in-laws 1993 Park Avenue- complete with "Cabriolet" roof, gold trim, and wire wheel covers. Thank goodness no one I knew saw me behind the wheel...

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
This thing stickered for almost 35 grand in 1989. It may not have been a truly awful car for its day, but it would be a humiliation if someone thought you were stupid enough to pay twice the price of a Lebaron GTS for it.

600-Chrysler-TC.jpg

lol.gif

It's all about the "Z" in the first digit of the VIN.
crackmeup2.gif

Sure, you are getting a LeBaron sans back seat, but it is made in Milan!

I guess Chrysler thought that what GM was doing with the Cadillac Allante', building the body at Pininfarina and then flying it to Detroit in a specially modified 747 at a huge expense was a good idea.
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back