2013 Ford Fusion Breaks Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.
The turbo 4 makes 237hp/250tq. They can build a lighter chassis because they don't have to design it to accommodate a 6.

My dad used to make the same argument when the 8's went away and all the cars offered 6's

The future is turbo 4's!

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Did some designers from Aston Martin stay on at ford or something? Because it LOOKS like an aston.

+1 Aston Martin mixed with Ford Taurus. Same way Hyundai Tiburon looks like Ferrari at first glance, then doesnt.

It almost looks like they lifted the grill from a DB9. Then turned it into plastic.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Did some designers from Aston Martin stay on at ford or something? Because it LOOKS like an aston.

That is exactly what I thought! wow....very nice looking car! Interior looks good too and from the reviews it seems like they used nice materials as well.

Quote:
Thoughts, I think it looks fantastic. Hybrid rated at 47/44 cty/hwy.

I was pretty much decided on replacing my 2002 Maxima SE with a 201X Ford Focus Titanium. The Focus has great styling, quality and good fuel mileage.

The 2013 Ford Fusion has thrown all that into chaos.
smile.gif
Heck, the 1.6L in the 2013 Fusion gets almost the same MPG as the 2012+ Ford Focus!

The addition of folding seats in the hybrid is more versatile than the outgoing hybrid (no folding back seat).

Also, it appears from the pictures that all 2013 versions get the LCD screens of the current hybrid model. Nice!

For me the decision is do I want a hot hatch or a hybrid...time and rising fuel prices will be the deciding factors.

Last edited:
Time to start saving up for that beauty! Car looks amazing, deal-clincher will be excellent fuel economy.

I like it. I never became a fan of the slab sided, hard creased styling era that was spawned by the 1st gen CTS. The current Fusion isn't too bad in that area, but it still strikes me a being a little too blocky.

I see a lot of Aston in this design.

I also agree there should be a V6 option. I just prefer a 6-pot in a mid-size. Plus, it can serve as a differentiation to a sizable competitor- the new Malibu, which is also supposedly not going to offer a six.

It looks good, but they must be running out of ideas if they have to lift the grill and pretty much most of the front fascia from Aston Martin.

Originally Posted By: brentalan

The future is turbo 4's!

Chrysler publicly said the same thing in the 80s,however that was just a stopgap until Mitsu V6s and their own homegrown ones came along.Seems America will not let go of big engines.Its like one of their "liberties" are being taken away...

Originally Posted By: FusilliJerry82
Looks like a cross between an Aston Martin and a Mitsu Lancer.
+1

Originally Posted By: JOD
Until they bring this in, I just don't care...

http://wot.motortrend.com/spied-euro-for...ar-end-trailer/

instead, we get "big on the outside, small on the inside" vehicles like the Edge. No thanks. Such a shame, because it's a nice-looking car inside and out, and looks even better in wagon form.

Ooooh. I am a wagon fiend...offer it as a hybrid wagon and I'm all over it.

I don't think it will be coming to the US though, that is what these are for:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/auto-shows/detroit/2013-ford-c-max-hybrid-and-energi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back