Anyone? New 2012 Ford Fusion, still on the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Ford dealer somewhere here in Illinois, still has a brand new, with plastic on the seats, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid.... still on the lot. They had this advertised this week in a trader magazine, so this apparently isn't something that someone forgot to take off the website.

$15,995, full factory warranty.

http://www.morrowbrothersfordinc.com/inventory-details/2012/Ford/Fusion Hybrid/3FADP0L33CR440906

In addition, they have a 2013, and eleven 2015's as well.

We have one of these at the office. They're great if you like a bigger car, but with a Miata sized trunk.

If you could get them to give you a 10 year / XXX,XXX warranty on battery and other major components in writing (I too would be worried about the effects of sitting for 5 years) then snatch that puppy up. From what I hear Ford does have a good hybrid system.

No thanks. A "new" vehicle that has been sitting for 5 years? Look at the interior picture of the drivers floorboard-it's filthy, scuffed up and looks soaking wet. I've seen farm trucks cleaner than that.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
They're great if you like a bigger car, but with a Miata sized trunk.

What car are you driving if you can't cope with a Fusion's cavernous trunk? A Crown Vic?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
They couldn't sell it in 4 years?

I'd like to see a Carfax with it to see if they were the original selling dealer, what service has been done it, etc. They should move it over to the used car dept and certify it which will prob give it a better warranty. The Honda dealer did that recently with a 2014 CRZ. Although it looked like one of the employees put on a couple thousand miles before it went to the used car area since it was never titled. They still have a 2015 black EX-L Accord coupe for sale.

Looks like a very small dealer if you look at their inventory, Podunk Ford dealer.

Small town, fuel prices are low, hybrid complication stigma, I can see something like this happening. I love their comment to hurry up because the deal will not last long
crackmeup2.gif

If Ford's factory warranty started from the time of my purchase and they offered an extended warranty on the battery, I think I might be tempted.

The Honda dealer here has 2 2015 Accords available and 136, 2016s available. While the Toyota dealer has 12 2016s. Eleven of those are 4Runners and one Sequoia. Now in fairness to the Honda dealer they did a long over due remodel of the dealership where they had to store most of their inventory off site while the work was being done. I think they finished in September/October.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
They couldn't sell it in 4 years?

LOL I bet the GM at that dealership got the boot for letting that sit for so long.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1

What car are you driving if you can't cope with a Fusion's cavernous trunk? A Crown Vic?
lol.gif

Im guessing the hybrid has less trunk space than a standard fusion.

Your Warranty Start Date is the day you take delivery of your new
vehicle or the day it is first put into service (for example, as a dealer
demonstrator), whichever occurs first.

(4) Your vehicle’s unique hybrid / electric components are covered during
the Hybrid / Electric Unique Component Coverage, which lasts for eight
years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/2013HybridWarranty.pdf

I'd go for it.
If it was a CA emissions state, it'd be 10/150 for the battery warranty.

Very nice Hybrid Fusion. I would snap that up if i were in the mkt. There is no shortage of parts for that vehicle.

Originally Posted By: john6974332
Average MPG: 2.9

Somebody's been having fun running the [censored] out of it.

It's pretty hard to get decent MPG when you just sit on the lot.....idling.... once every 90 days or so.(?)

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Originally Posted By: Ethan1

lol.gif

Im guessing the hybrid has less trunk space than a standard fusion.

Yes, the Hybrid model has significantly less trunk space than the standard model.

It is curious why they couldn't sell this vehicle before now. I'm sure there's more to the story. My old place of employment had three 2011 Fusion Hybrids, plus a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid. I enjoyed driving all of them. I think Ford really has the hybrid concept nailed down tight. The Fusions all drove well, and had an isolated-yet-sporty ride. Very nice road cars, these.

Is there still a federal tax credit for buying a "new" hybrid that's that old? If so, the price is really in the $9-11K range.

Ignore the comments from those who are not familiar with that model.

I drive the same Fusion Hybrid as that one. (Mine is a 2010). The 2010-2012 Fusion Hybrids are what I would call "bulletproof". I would even venture to say, it is a more durable series than the current Fusion Hybrid. Most Toyota like, without the appliance look and feel.

I currently have 156,000 on it. Looking to go 400,000 miles some day on it. Very rarely needs maintenance other than oil changes. Original battery, brakes, suspension components (did not need replacement). Transmission flush is supposed to be every 100,000 miles, but I got nervous about it, and do it every 50,000. Fuel mileage for mine has been low 40's during the winter & 46-48 the rest of the year. (Even topping 50 mpg on occasions). 80% highway.

As a few have said, check the Carfax first. If it is not a flood car, reach for the checkbook. I would buy it myself, if I did not own one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back