Ford Atlas Concept- 2015 F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I feel about the head light design. Makes it look wierd. Other than that i like the sharp lines and contouring. I like the interior except for the steering wheel design. The doors and handles are more rounded kinda like the new dodges.

Boy, Ford is good at making ugly trucks as time goes on.

Perfect example are the superduties.

99-03 was a nice, conservative truck. 04-07 was nice. 08-11 ... eww. 12+ ... what the ...

For some reason it reminds me of a Tonka truck. Don't know why. Looks too aggressive to me; maybe it's ok in the heavy duty version (F450 or up) where it's supposed to be big.

But I'm not a truck owner, so it's totally not marketed towards me.

Originally Posted By: Miller88

99-03 was a nice, conservative truck. 04-07 was nice. 08-11 ... eww. 12+ ... what the ...

Agree with you completely. I like the 2000 era F150s myself.
The newer Superduties are barftastic for sure.

how about a hydraulic side scaffold for all the fatties to load their widescreen tvs into the bed?

I actually personally like the new Superduties, although it had to grow on me a bit. But this concept looks good IMO, no growing necessary.

The one truck I believe Ford really screwed up on was the '08-'10 Superduty, thought it was ugly the moment I saw it.

That front end just gets me everytime:

Ford-F-450_Super_Duty_2008_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

I actually really like most of it. I bet it gets softened a little for production, but the ladder rack, ramps, moveable spoilers (grill flaps and wheel disc as well) are neat.

I'd like to hear more about the "next generation eco-boost".

Kind of looks like a Ram 2500.

All in all I like it, a more subdued version is the likely finished product which I think will be perfect for most buyers. Job well done!

Doesn't look bad. Except for the interior. Trucks are getting too "car like" for me. I'm not a fan of the shifter in the floor on trucks - besides manual transmissions.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Originally Posted By: Miller88

Agree with you completely. I like the 2000 era F150s myself.
The newer Superduties are barftastic for sure.

Exactly my take as well. The older ones looked awesome the latest ones are nasty.

This is a concept, so I would expect the production models to be toned down. Ford concept trucks are traditionally ugly, blingy, and look like Tonka trucks.

Still, I bet the production model won't look as good as the current Ram.

IMO I like the newer designs. As for the 2000 era models, just don't get in a wreck. They had a weak body structure. This is a 2001 model
shocked.gif
:

They took care of problem starting in 2004:

Last edited:
The "folding like a cheap hooker" issue was only prominent on the extended cab model (which is of course the one depicted) because there was no door frame between the front and rear door. The regular cab model did better. Though of course nowhere near as good as the 05+ body style, which got 5-stars.

Not too bad looking. I'm sure the production model won't be quite as aggressive.

One thing I hope they improve on is the comfort of the backseat on crew cabs. I don't own one but a friend of mine has a 2010 that I occasionally ride in. I'm 6'1" and I feel like I'm sitting on the floor when riding in the back. It looks big in the back but it just doesn't work for taller people. It doesn't help that the seat in front of you doesn't have enough room under it to comfortably get your feed tucked under it to help with the angle of your legs. Backseat is for kids I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back