Which 0W-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Serge
Car51, Geez, thanks i thought it was just me.

No, Tig1’s M1 plugs get old and annoying very fast

M1 is over rated and over priced. Cant stand it.

M1 EP 0w-20 is a bloody bargain (keeping it within the context of this thread) for an oil that is majority PAO.

Cant stand M1 fanboys also. Just saying

LOL! As opposed to what, guys that just hate a product because somebody else likes it?

There's basing an opinion on facts, like that M1 EP is a majority PAO lubricant in the 0w-20 flavour, making it a bargain on the shelf at the same or similar price to its Group III peers. Then there's basing an opinion on emotion, like not buying it because Billy likes Mobil 1 and that makes Billy a Douche-nozzle and nobody wants to be a douche-nozzle.

If you aren't a fan of fanboyism Serge, then this isn't the site for you. The SOPUS fanboys on here make the Mobil 1 folk look like amateurs
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
M1 is over rated and over priced. Cant stand it.

M1 EP 0w-20 is a bloody bargain (keeping it within the context of this thread) for an oil that is majority PAO.

The same is true of AFE with its nice slug of PAO.
I give tig credit for limiting his posts to what he actually knows.
He knows both M1 based upon his decades of experience with the brand in various formulations over that time and he's done enough miles in four cylinder NA Fusions to claim some expertise with them.
We have many members who feel free to post about what they heard or what they know happened to their third cousin's nephew's neighbor's friend's car with M1 and the car might have been a Fusion, or maybe it was a Camry.
Doesn't matter since it really happened.

Originally Posted By: spj
Mobil 1 0w-20 afe and especially EP are THE deal of the oil world!
AFE especially.

Originally Posted By: CT8
I thought the great mpgs were from the0W-20 M1 Tig??
grin.gif

Now I don't care who you are, That's Funny!!!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Cant stand M1 fanboys also. Just saying

LOL! As opposed to what, guys that just hate a product because somebody else likes it?

There's basing an opinion on facts, like that M1 EP is a majority PAO lubricant in the 0w-20 flavour, making it a bargain on the shelf at the same or similar price to its Group III peers. Then there's basing an opinion on emotion, like not buying it because Billy likes Mobil 1 and that makes Billy a Douche-nozzle and nobody wants to be a douche-nozzle.

If you aren't a fan of fanboyism Serge, then this isn't the site for you. The SOPUS fanboys on here make the Mobil 1 folk look like amateurs
grin.gif

While some of the discussion of oil here is rational, there is no doubt that the degree of interest in it is emotional and not rational.

Anyway, what kind of % PAO are we talking about in the EP & AFE 0w20's?

Do the 0w20's look better than the 5w20's as a result?

Is the PAO % a recent development or is it pretty safe to pick up any recently dated jug off the shelf?

While your contention is common, it must be taken in the context of oil prices over there, which are much higher as well as drain intervals, which are much longer.
Oil grades that optimize fuel economy are suited to places where oil is cheap so drain intervals can be short.
The engine will remain at least as healthy on shortish American market drain intervals as it would on longer drains using some stouter grade elsewhere.
As far as CAFE being the villain here, surely you don't mean to advocate for higher fuel consumption?
[/quote]

Agreed, CAFE has been around more than 40 years. Vehicles have been achieving hundreds of thousands of miles under this "draconian" regulation since then. Thick oil, thin oil...they all work well.[/quote]

CAFE is why I can get 36 MPG with my 2017 2.5 Ford Fusion and only got 27MPG with my 2.2 1990 Ford Tempo. Both hwy driving. [/quote]

Enjoying that new Fusion Tig?[/quote]

Very much so.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CharlieBauer

While some of the discussion of oil here is rational, there is no doubt that the degree of interest in it is emotional and not rational.

Anyway, what kind of % PAO are we talking about in the EP & AFE 0w20's?

Do the 0w20's look better than the 5w20's as a result?

Is the PAO % a recent development or is it pretty safe to pick up any recently dated jug off the shelf?

60-70% for the EP, according to the MSDS.

And it's been that way since at least 2014, as I have a screenshot from the MSDS from back then that shows the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back