When you want a McRib you want a McRib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I remember reading that the McRibs were available when pork prices were low. Not a bad business plan for McDonald's!

Yep. Plus the rib meat reminds me of the meat they serve in school cafeterias. Good times.

I have had the mcrib twice.
First time to just try it when it came out, second time was 10 years or so later because I could not remember if I liked it.
So since I have not had one since probably 1991, I think that answers how I like them (and I love BBQ and ribs).

And who remembers the Cheddar Melt? I remember getting one of those, driving back to my apartment, and eating it while watching the opening ceremonies for the 1984 LA Olympics.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I want that Mulan Szechuan dipping sauce!

Hahah, nice Rick and Morty reference there...

Actually I think that episode re-sparked a following for that sauce...

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: 02SE
I was a fan of the McDLT, back in the day. I haven't been in a McDonalds in probably 10 years.

Costanza!

Nice!

I wish this site had a "like" icon.

I normally go to Mickey Dees four times per week for coffee in the morning. Only a buck for a large with one cream. Don't get food there. But I do see plenty of biggies eating there with beer bellies. Big fat ones.

Wait... What?

I'm shocked anyone likes that thing. When I was a teenager I loved McDonald's. Tried a McRib once and couldn't even eat it. I'm 51 now, haven't tried another McRib since I was 17 or so.

I'm a HUGE fan of pulled pork, bacon, barbecue sauce... It isn't that. I just didn't care for McDonald's version. I hardly ever eat fast food any more. Probably hit Chick Fil A more than any other and that's only about three times a year.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
And I wants me two of 'em right now. Alas, but local arches may not be offering them at this time. Sadness.

Why is McRib availability so spotty?

They have to wait until they have saved up enough grease from the grease traps to form a new batch of patties.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: 02SE
I was a fan of the McDLT, back in the day. I haven't been in a McDonalds in probably 10 years.

Costanza!

Right after eating his McDLT, George went to his office and told Jacob Singer he had never served in Vietnam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back