When did we get so stupid?

Our old house, we had listed that it had propane gas and dryer. New buyer planned to bring his newly bought... electric ones. Good luck with that, what with 60A service. Somehow both he and his realtor missed that detail.
When my Buddy's mom sold their house a few years back, the Realtor listed it as having a Gas water heater....I've been in that house, and it's "mechanical room" hundreds of times....there is no gas line running to the water heater...unless some one made one that looks just like Romex...

when it sold, the new owners flipped it, same error in the new listing... almost like they just did a straight cut and paste of the old one...

I live in the Southern California mountains. Just about everyone has what we refer to as a "lawn sausage" in their yard, i.e. a propane tank. My home is only a few years old and propane fires the furnace, oven/stove and dryer. The water heater is electric.
My laundry room is wired for 240V if for some reason I needed it. My Generac generator is hard wired to the main panel and also runs on propane.

My appliances are all Whirlpool and the local Lowes and Home Depot will order things like stoves and dryers already set up for propane by the factory. I understand that kits are available to convert from NG to propane and probably back again but I would certainly be very careful in doing that as a DIY project unless you are skilled just for safety reasons.

Those of us that live in rural areas get used to the oddities of power sources and septic tanks. When I bought my snowblower it even came with an extra jet for the carburetor that needed to be installed for operation above 5000 ft.

I live in the Southern California mountains. Just about everyone has what we refer to as a "lawn sausage" in their yard, i.e. a propane tank. My home is only a few years old and propane fires the furnace, oven/stove and dryer. The water heater is electric.
My laundry room is wired for 240V if for some reason I needed it. My Generac generator is hard wired to the main panel and also runs on propane.

My appliances are all Whirlpool and the local Lowes and Home Depot will order things like stoves and dryers already set up for propane by the factory. I understand that kits are available to convert from NG to propane and probably back again but I would certainly be very careful in doing that as a DIY project unless you are skilled just for safety reasons.

Those of us that live in rural areas get used to the oddities of power sources and septic tanks. When I bought my snowblower it even came with an extra jet for the carburetor that needed to be installed for operation above 5000 ft.
How close are you to apple valley?

Back