Creative Solutions, or How to Get into a Car with a Bit of Sausage

So, took Mom out for brunch yesterday. She came over with her mini Poodle and I had ours. We went to this local great greasy spoon breakfast place and the temps were cool, low 40's, so we left the pups in the car.

I get Mom settled, realized I had my wallet in my jacket in the car, and the keys were in the console. I step outside to get the wallet and the car is locked. What?? Oh, one of the pups must have stepped on the door lock switch. Darn....AAA?

I go back and start eating, thinking what to do then it hit me. I took a piece of sausage, excused myself and using the 1" gap I left in the rear window, teased the dogs over to where the lock/unlock button is, moved the treat around a bit to get them really excited and 'Click!"...success!

Made a note to engage the child lock setting when the pups are there.

So, took Mom out for brunch yesterday. She came over with her mini Poodle and I had ours. We went to this local great greasy spoon breakfast place and the temps were cool, low 40's, so we left the pups in the car.

I get Mom settled, realized I had my wallet in my jacket in the car, and the keys were in the console. I step outside to get the wallet and the car is locked. What?? Oh, one of the pups must have stepped on the door lock switch. Darn....AAA?

Doesn't engaging the child lock setting just prevent you from opening the door with the inside door lever? I'm pretty sure it won't prevent the electric door locks from engaging if the interior door lock switch button is depressed.

I think you just need to make a habit of taking the keys with you...or carry extra sausage in your pocket! 😂

Doesn't engaging the child lock setting just prevent you from opening the door with the inside door lever? I'm pretty sure it won't prevent the electric door locks from engaging if the interior door lock switch button is depressed.

I think you just need to make a habit of taking the keys with you...or carry extra sausage in your pocket! 😂
Hi, the child button does that plus disables the windows and rear door lock/unlock buttons.

Bad habit, but I leave the keys in the console if I'm just running around locally...not the best practice, but I miss slim keys.

My dog locked himself in my idling truck right at the hopper at the town transfer station. What a wonderful way that could have been to meet all my irate neighbors!

Inexplicably, I had two sets of keys on me that day and got right back in!

I go back and start eating, thinking what to do then it hit me. I took a piece of sausage, excused myself and using the 1" gap I left in the rear window, teased the dogs over to where the lock/unlock button is, moved the treat around a bit to get them really excited and 'Click!"...success!

Great one :love:McGyver! I have heard and used all sorts of tricks to unlock cars over the years, YET that is the very first sausage solution
stunt I have come across. (y)

Back