What is your favorite gas station and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I got to Wawa. We're in Jersey so we have to have an employee pump our gas. The Wawa folks are very polite. And same cost, cash or credit.

1) Chevron or Texaco. Why? Techron and Top Tier. Then I don't have to waste time and money on fuel additives.

2) Costco Why? Top Tier

3) Shell Why? Excellent add pack and top tier.

When I'm travelling and out of the Chevron/Texaco market area, I'll look first for a Shell, then next for a Mobil or Exxon.

BP-Top Tier, plus the rewards eventually add up to 20 gallons for around $2-3
Kroger-$1.05 off 35 gallons with 1-2-3 Rewards card & 1000 points (gift cards)
Meijer-$1.00 off 30 gallons after filling 10 prescriptions
All good for gas or diesel.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
The one with the cheapest gas because I do a fuel system treatment right before each oil change and I have driven millions of Kilometers with 0 issues. I don't stress about top-tier, I don't collect points. I just use my Cash Back rewards credit card at the cheapest station possible.

Ditto.

Cheapest gas for me is almost always at my BJ's store. Usually around 15c-20c cheaper than all the other guys. If there were a Costco around here, I'd surely join up. And supposedly one is coming soon.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX

Ditto.

Cheapest gas for me is almost always at my BJ's store. Usually around 15c-20c cheaper than all the other guys. If there were a Costco around here, I'd surely join up. And supposedly one is coming soon.

Especially here where regular is about $4 / Gallon.
mad.gif

Cheapest name brand gas station.
Around my house, within 1/4-1/2 mile of my house, I have Kroger, Walmart, Sunoco, Valero and Exxon.

Usually I go to Walmart (easiest to get too, cheapest (usually same price as Kroger), cheaper with gift card). I do go to Kroger when my truck is empty and use my Kroger points (usually $1 off/gallon).
I get Shell on occasion when I can get it free with my Fuel Rewards points.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
RaceTrac because they have the cheapest gasoline.

Hey fellow O-towner... I generally think racetrac sucks. I noticed more fuel consumption with it but it overall comes off cheap/bare bones gas. I do drive a car that requires premium and I go by what my tuner has tested in the area that allows for more aggressive tuning...e.g. better fuel/higher octane. Which is oddly Citgo and Mobil. Shell doesn't fair too well anymore. He tells me to stay away from Wawa and Racetrac.

Last edited:
My favorite gas station at the moment is the Sunoco station right over the border in NJ where it's currently $2.25.9 a gallon for regular......a few stations further on Valero is the same price.....every other station is at least a nickel to a dime a gallon more.

If all gas was the same price I'd use 1)Exxon 2)Mobil 3)Shell....(2&3 could go either way but I saw a report that Exxon had the most detergents in it's regular grade)

QT, Shell, BP, and Costco; ultimately the one that offers the best price

Last edited:
Fdcg27, you filled two cars at the same time? Has anyone ever said anything about that? There are big signs on the kroger pumps here with some warning about that being a no no. Immaterial for me, as I am the sole gas filler and we never have both cars out at once to even consider it.

I have started using Buc-ees due to there smoking low prices and it will be on the way home once a local connector road is finished. Otherwise, the Civic gets Kroger and some Shell while the BMW is pretty much all Shell.

I do feel a little bad about not using TT, but when the price difference makes the periodic PEA cleaner cheaper, I don’t worry much.

I have a company truck with a company card and can get gas anywhere. I consistently get better gas mileage from BP gasoline. I have a BP Visa and use it to get money off for my personal cars but usually I go to BJs because it's about .25 cheaper. Cost not a issue- BP everytime.

Originally Posted By: Coprolite
Fdcg27, you filled two cars at the same time? Has anyone ever said anything about that? There are big signs on the kroger pumps here with some warning about that being a no no. Immaterial for me, as I am the sole gas filler and we never have both cars out at once to even consider it.

I have started using Buc-ees due to there smoking low prices and it will be on the way home once a local connector road is finished. Otherwise, the Civic gets Kroger and some Shell while the BMW is pretty much all Shell.

I do feel a little bad about not using TT, but when the price difference makes the periodic PEA cleaner cheaper, I don’t worry much.

The Kroger fuel station we use is about 2.5 miles from our house, so if we have a decent amount in fuel points and 900+ miles between the two cars, it makes sense to take them both.
This works best with cars having fillers on opposite sides, which the Accords and Foresters do. I let my wife lead the way and then pull up on the other side of whatever dispenser she selects.
I'll fill the car she's driving first, note the number of gallons in my head and then switch to the other car.
None of the Kroger folks have ever objected to this.

Just about any QT around here. They are always clean, well lighted, and have plenty of pump stations with supplies maintained for window cleaning. Pricing is always competitive, the fuel is top tier rated, and they now carry E15 (haven't seen it at any other station yet). And, if you choose to go into the c-store, they are very clean, spacious, and have a wide variety of food and beverages, including a very wide assortment of slush drinks. My kids always loved that. Lot of different coffees are available there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back