What is your favorite gas station and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay
Tie

Shell and Chevron

Sorry.
Why? Constant traffic and great product. (V-Power and Techron)

Cheapest one. Tanks are inspected a lot more now and all pumps have to have filters now.

I use Shell in my diesel cars mostly mainly bwcause they have decent additives which help reduce DPF issues.

I am not overly concerned with what i put in the petrol cars ans its a mix of Costco and Shell.

In Ghana the Honda Pilot gets Shell petrol exclusively unless i run short and have to do a quick splash and dash before.filling up at Shell at the next opportunity.

Here we basically only have Kwik Trip. It's good though. Top tier gas, clean stores, they all have a good fresh food selection, some have humidors.

I don't like Sinclair stations or Valero stations usually. They seem to be dumps more often than not. When traveling, I will go to anything before those two.

Funny thing is --- my truck runs best on Turkey Hill gas.
shocked.gif

In Saskatchewan, I buy most of my fuel at the Coop, which is Top Tier. The Consumers Cooperative Refinery is situated in Regina and provides fuel all over western Canada. I also buy fuel at Costco on occasion.

Last edited:
We filled two cars at Kroger today to take advantage of our fuel points.
About 950 miles between the two on 32 gallons of fuel at $1.539 after points, so a decent deal.
Aside from the fuel points, I usually fill up at a Valero that's located on my commute. They tend to have the lowest fuel prices in the area and although the station is a little ghetto it is easy to get in and out of and has plenty of dispensers available.
My wife drives the newer Forester and in between orgies of cheap fuel at Kroger, it'll get taken either there or to the Valero for fuel.
It's often actually less costly to drive the additional miles to the Valero than it is to fill the car at either the nearby Speedway or Kroger, plus Valero is top tier, although Kroger might qualify as well were they inclined to pay the cost of admission based upon what others have written here about the detergent content of Kroger gas.

Costco. Top Tier, lots of turnover, plus 4% back. That’s $.10/gl at current prices. Premium is an especially good bargain.

The one with the cheapest gas because I do a fuel system treatment right before each oil change and I have driven millions of Kilometers with 0 issues. I don't stress about top-tier, I don't collect points. I just use my Cash Back rewards credit card at the cheapest station possible.

I keep it cheap. I like the ones that ask me the fewest questions after swiping my credit card-- they're all business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back