What is THE BEST oil filter on the market?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Avery4
I am just wondering which oil filter you consider the "best" if price wasn't a concern. I believe that a Wix XP is the best oil filter on the market, but what do you think?

If its rated at 99% at 20 microns price is the only issue!

I am just wondering which oil filter you consider the "best" if price wasn't a concern. I believe that a Wix XP is the best oil filter on the market, but what do you think?

Wix XP is a very well built filter but at around 50% at 20 microns it's not the best filtering. Lasts 15k.

Amsoil filters are 98.7% at 20 microns, and last up to 25k. (15k in some applications)

FU I believe is 99% at 20 microns and can go 20k.

Now if you're talking best filtration system, a bypass setup beats all of those easily.

For this year? The Amsoil chart says Amsoil, second is Chevrolet. They couldn't say it if not true because they would be sued. I'll take second best and get the Chevrolet as there is a dealer here.

The best filter is whatever you prefer. You are not going to change my mind and I am not going to try and change your’s.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Fram Orange Can O' Deliciousness.

Happy Birthday!

OEM or Ultra because that is what I have in stock.

I believe that a Wix XP is the best oil filter on the market, but what do you think?

eek.gif

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
The Amsoil chart says Amsoil, second is Chevrolet.

At least against the filters on the their comparison graph.

Really??? This again????

This question is impossible to answer clearly because it us unbounded. Best at what? Even if price were not an issue (which is impossible for most any reasonable person), there are still other things to consider.

What's the best ammo? Depends on what you're doing with it. Plinking? Hunting? Self-defense?

What's the best stereo speaker? Depends ... For outdoor use? Inside home theater? Classical audio room? Frat party?

What's the best tire? For what purpose? All season? Ice/snow? off-road mudding?

DO YOU SEE HOW SILLY THIS IS??????

What's the best oil filter? I dunno .... what ya going to do with it?
Extended OCIs?
Normal OCIs?
Sell the car to an unknown person just to unload it before it dies in your driveway?

I believe that a Wix XP is the best oil filter on the market, but what do you think?

The best filter is the one you want to spend your money on.

I think a BITOGer and his money are soon parted.

This is the typical BITOG way of thinking. When something is good, more of it must ALWAYS be better, somehow. Just because a filter has more capacity, or a tad more efficiency, there's no evidence that it actually matters in wear control, if "normal" is the application. The XP has a lot of capacity, but it not stellar in efficiency by any means. For short to moderate OCIs, there are filters that are more efficient and yet cost less. For really long OCIs, it would be hard to know how it compared to a FU or EaO, because we don't know the loading capacity of each.

But because the OP's question has no bounds, we have no way to know what limit (any limit) that any filter may or may not encroach.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3

The best filter is the one you want to spend your money on.

Exactly, and hopefully based on something more than "it looks good" or "it only cost me $1.97".

You are very correct Dnewton3. Now, do you feel better ??
smile.gif

Seems like you are fussing a bunch. And certainly right about what you are saying. Don't let the proverbial "flies" get ya too cranked up.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
You are very correct Dnewton3. Now, do you feel better ??
smile.gif

Seems like you are fussing a bunch. And certainly right about what you are saying. Don't let the proverbial "flies" get ya too cranked up.

LOL. He is quite the logical thinker and a pillar of the BITOG community, but I think it would be awesome if he threw out a total random answer like ACDelco ecore or OCOD or something like that.

Want some irony?
"What oil should I use? What is the BEST oil?" That title is in the passenger car section and it's locked.
"What is THE BEST oil filter on the market?" This title is in the oil filter section and goes on forever.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Want some irony?
"What oil should I use? What is the BEST oil?" That title is in the passenger car section and it's locked.

Not only locked, but made a "sticky".

The best if not the filter . It’s what ever made you feel good . Motorcraft FL1A or FL820s s what I been use since I own a Ford . Wix xp is my top choice now .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back