What is the absolute best oil filter?

Guaranteed the engine is going to see the most wear that's detrimental to operation at the top of the cylinder bore around the top ring.
I have an old Honda gx390 engine that someone tried to change the air filter on, lost the o-ring that goes under the filter to seal it against the intake then ran it like that for several hundred hours. The rings were incredibly worn and the bore tapered to the point where it was burning as much oil as fuel. The Honda gx390 engines don't have any kind of oil filter, just splash lube.

That tells me the air filter is way more important than the oil filter by quite a bit an ineffective air filter will kill an engine way faster than no oil filter.
I rebuilt that old engine. It just needed new block, new piston, new rod, new rings and seals.
Like I said earlier ... air filtration and oil filtration are two different animals. Of course ring wear will be impacted heavily by the engine ingesting dirty air, nobody is saying any differently. They can also wear from dirty oil, but the impact is obviously much less than dirty air inside the cylinders. Also realize that air filters don't 100% prevent the oil from becoming contaminated with other particles beside what mighty slop by the air filter and gets blown past the the rings during intake compression and combustion to get in the oil. And if the air filter allows some of that, then the only thing left to remove that contamination is the oil filter and an oil change.

Wix XP is a screen door …
With about 100 sq in of media on an Asian car filter - that is what I want in the winter up here in the north east.

A High efficiency hamster can in bypass is an "open door". Miss the days of the BB motor Wix 51515 or FramPH30

^^^ ... Official ISO testing. ⬇️

Think we see a pattern on the “Purple Plug” no matter who does the testing … The price went from ridiculous to insane anyway …

Does a person have to order 5 items to get this 15% discount?
In this particular case for that specific size for the Fram Ultra on Amazon, no, you do not need 5 S/S items to get that 15% off; it should ring up whatever the price is listed and whatever you clicked on.

Low cost and doesn’t fail meets my satisfaction . Super tech, ac delco, champ encore.
I bought some cheap eco guards for like $2 and change per. If those don’t fail for an oci I’ll ad those to my list.

I personally think on your everyday personal vehicle / SUV / non-work truck, it doesn't really matter.

On a high performance vehicle, race car or construction vehicle being pushed hard, a premium filter / OEM is the way to go.

They made in China now? The ones I have used lately are still stamped made in USA. I just have old stock? I don't use xp either, just regular wix.

There's no single product type (e.g. oil filters, air filters, cabin air filters, etc.) made at a single location for Mann+Hummel, that I'm aware of, as they have/acquired a bunch of global manufacturing facilities.

Going through my last RockAuto air filter haul, I saw the following:

G37 (cabin) - Wix XP - 1 made in Germany, 1 made in Czech Republic
G37 (engine) - Wix - 4 made in China

G35 (cabin) - Wix XP - 2 made in Mexico
G35 (engine) - 2 made in Mexico

RDX (cabin) - Wix XP - 2 made in Mexico
RDX (cabin) - Wix (regular) - 1 made in Poland
RDX (engine) - 2 made in South Korea

Guaranteed the engine is going to see the most wear that's detrimental to operation at the top of the cylinder bore around the top ring.
I have an old Honda gx390 engine that someone tried to change the air filter on, lost the o-ring that goes under the filter to seal it against the intake then ran it like that for several hundred hours. The rings were incredibly worn and the bore tapered to the point where it was burning as much oil as fuel. The Honda gx390 engines don't have any kind of oil filter, just splash lube.

That tells me the air filter is way more important than the oil filter by quite a bit an ineffective air filter will kill an engine way faster than no oil filter.
I rebuilt that old engine. It just needed new block, new piston, new rod, new rings and seals.
The air filter is the most important filter as far an engine longevity is concerned .

While we're at it, what's the absolute best beer? I'm going to an office end of summer picnic/party that's BYOB and I want to upstage everyone else. 😁
That would be Natural Light, preferably in the aluminum tall boys. If anyone at the party says it’s not the best then spit some Beechnut on their shoes and tell them not to forget their purse on the way out! 🤣

Doesn't mean an oil filter doesn't contribute anything to engine longevity.
Oh it absolutely does and I never said it didn't. An old ACdelco study tells us that a 40 micron oil filter will make a engine last around 150,000 miles. A 30 micron can make an engine last 250,000 miles. A 10 micron filter can make an engine last up to 400,000 miles.
No air filter around here an engine might last 20,000 miles.

Affina Wix was a great filter. M&H Wix just isn't the same just as M&H Purolator isn't what Purolator was previously. Wix XP is a nice looking filter but the media is rock catcher.

In my opinion it goes like this:
1. Fram Endurance for the best of all applications top level efficiency, mileage ratings, and wire backed up
2. Fram Tough Guard similar efficiency ratings as the Endurance just a shorter interval but they hold up great in cut opens.
3. Purolator Boss decent efficiency with wire backing just not as good efficiency as the first two.
4. Prime Guard made filters. Good efficiency so far so good durability.
5. Fram Extra Guard. Good budget filter with better than most efficiency and okay intervals.

The rest doesn't matter to me because efficiency is too low or build quality for price point.

Back