What Is Everyones Favorite Brand Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around here forget anything Top Tier. The two closest Shell stations would be about 25 mile round trip. Therefore, use a lot of Speedway and Kroger with an occasional tank or two of Giant Eagle Get Go fuel as the fuelperks pile up. Filled up at Costco on Christmas Eve, the "Clean Power" gasoline with 5x detergent has arrived here now. The truck seems to like it and I liked it because it was $.21/gal cheaper than any other station in the area.
BTW, the only fuel problem I have ever had was with my wife and "Swifty" gas.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Around here forget anything Top Tier. The two closest Shell stations would be about 25 mile round trip. Therefore, use a lot of Speedway and Kroger with an occasional tank or two of Giant Eagle Get Go fuel as the fuelperks pile up. Filled up at Costco on Christmas Eve, the "Clean Power" gasoline with 5x detergent has arrived here now. The truck seems to like it and I liked it because it was $.21/gal cheaper than any other station in the area.
BTW, the only fuel problem I have ever had was with my wife and "Swifty" gas.

Could you elaborate on Costco's gas with '5x detergent'???

Thankfully there is a Shell by my house that I can get 0% Ethanol 93oct gas, but there is a Chevron about 15m away that has ethanol free 94oct that my higher compression cars love. Same station has good prices for 100 and 105oct unleaded "race" gas that I use often. Day of an autocross, there is a line at the pump lol.
I change my fuel filter probably more often than is necessary, every 15-20k on all cars, and I have cut them open and never any issues with the Shell. When I have run E10, though, there is always black gunk that isnt present with 15k of pure gas.

Only ethanol gas is available here in NJ
frown.gif
. I changed my commute route to work and home. Now the Shell station is convenient to stop at when going home. Previously used QuickChek and Hess gas. QuickChek is a much larger version of 7-11 here in NJ, only with gas pumps. The stations are newer and usually high volume. I've never had a problem with them or Hess.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back