Would you go out of your way for E0 gas?

I don't think there is an octane boost. Straight cut gasoline is like 60 octane. They leave in various bits in order to boost the octane (or add in, but i'm pretty sure it's all derived from crude in the end). Using ethanol means using less of those other things to boost octane. It's still 87 octane when done.
That's true for port-injected engines, which are the type of test engines used to determine the octane rating.

For direct injected engines, the E10 fuel will provide better knock resistance due to the cooling effect ethanol has when it's sprayed directly into the cylinder. I've tuned my TGDI engine for various different fuels. 87 E10 is almost as knock resistant as 91 E0, and 92 E10 is much better than 91 E0.

That's true for port-injected engines, which are the type of test engines used to determine the octane rating.

For direct injected engines, the E10 fuel will provide better knock resistance due to the cooling effect ethanol has when it's sprayed directly into the cylinder. I've tuned my TGDI engine for various different fuels. 87 E10 is almost as knock resistant as 91 E0, and 92 E10 is much better than 91 E0.
Interesting!

You're right the force is strong here. Have we reached a point where most are OK with E10 :ROFLMAO:. I think you got your answers but what's one more. Your vehicle should state that E10 is perfectly fine in the engine. Even in Little used vehicles just use 87 if you can! I personally think it's schmarter LOL to use Sta-bil in that case of little use equipment anyways. E0 isn't going to keep your fuel fresh by itself in that situation.

No gasahol here. It's just normal gasoline.
I don't buy gas often, maybe a can or two a year. Almost everything I have is diesel.

I go though about 45 gallons a year for the mowers. I use Stabil for the last fill of the gas cans when filled. Never drain the carbs on the mowers but do drain the 2 cycles tanks. Not a problem in 40 years with water in the fuel.

Back