Bad Gas

the dealer said that I must have consistently used bad gas and all that black which he said is carbon with the bike sitting for a week hardened up to cause the bike not starting issue. no testing of that black stuff was ever done,no yamaha rep ever came down and yamaha is saying its not a warranty issue for $1900 came out of my pocket..thats how its played out so far

That engine doesn't even look that bad, I've been some old Briggs and Stratton engines that were growing carbon stalactites in the cylinder. Those were a little bit simpler than a bike engine though

1703276911675.jpg
This is how he handles bad gas. :ROFLMAO:

dealing with yamaha is like talking to the wall..I spoke with customer relations manager and asked to speak with her boss and was told she answers to nobody...plan on going to small claims court cause hiring a lawyer just isnt worth it
Sometimes even a lawyers letter is all it takes.
Consistently running on bad gas is a joke of an answer.
All piston tops have carbon on them.
Yours don't look that bad at all.

Something is off here.
Is your bike injected?

I think that you are being scammed by the dealer.
However, I had a bad experience with a Yamaha V-Twin mower engine. That experience ended any desire to own a Yamaha powered product.

the dealer said that I must have consistently used bad gas and all that black which he said is carbon with the bike sitting for a week hardened up to cause the bike not starting issue. no testing of that black stuff was ever done,no yamaha rep ever came down and yamaha is saying its not a warranty issue for $1900 came out of my pocket..thats how its played out so far
OK, so the bike didn't start, what is the catastrophic failure? The tech taking the head off, & finding nothing? So now you have to pay to put it back on? With a $200 gasket, of course. Try asking another shop what's going on, try a media outlet that helps consumers (e.g. 7 on your side).

Shell in the early 70s was notorious for bad gas. Every mechanic I knew said it would gum everything up, but catastrophic failure? Um, no.

Back