Wendy's Now Cares

Don’t expect miracles from any fast food chain unless it’s a chic fil a.

Think about it this way, if you had a job in fast food would you really care? It’s a transient job for HS kids and retirees, not really a career for anyone expect maybe a few motivated supervisors looking to move up to management.

There is a Taco Bell by me that is faster than the McDonald’s across the street, it’s usually the other way around. This one apparently has the kitchen listening in on the drive through so they making tacos and burritos immediately.
try Culvers... If you have them around.. I think you will like it..

I got this beauty today.. $3.70 all inclusive. Unsweet tea...
Never seen this color. No doubt this is highly watered down..
Wendy's gives you what they feel like...what you actually order matters not...

IMG_20230824_145716664_HDR.jpg

I´m not a fan of Wendy´s since they gave money to that hate group, then said group burned down a Wendy´s in a peaceful protest. I´ll try them every month or so, but since they got rid of the grey spoons for the Frosty, I´ve been mad ever since.

Rolled into Wendy's yesterday after a long hiatus. Still a joke. Inside was closed due to a lack of help. Got in line and waited 35 minutes. Had 6 cars in front of me.
The girl hands me my tea. I asked if it was unsweet...oh yeah she said... oh yeah...no straw and sweet as usual. I gave up Wendy's because I hate potluck... the same old routine.

I quit going to Wendy's because of the horrible no care service.
In my area everyone else did the same.

I go by it daily and the place is empty. Also they kept raising their prices above the competition.

I guess they finally figured out they suck. I did stop last night and apparently they now care and were polite and fast and the order for once was right.

How was the food?

I like their chicken wrap. Too bad the customer service sucks. It’s just never a pleasant interaction and they slam the drive thru door in your face before you can ask for a receipt. I always want the receipt.

McDonald’s is always very friendly when you need to interact with a human although I usually use the app as I prefer less human interactions.

I’m sure they pay the same or almost the same. But it’s obvious one business trains their employees on customer service or at least tells them to be friendly while the other doesn’t.
Couldn't agree more...

For me, what ruins most fast food chains, is the lack the lack of consistency from one restaurant to another. It isn't just the quality of food preparation, but also quality of service, dining room cleanliness and other factors.

Since this discussion was originally about Wendy's, I'll share an example of Wendy's. When I lived in a small town in South Carolina, my son had a job at Wendy's. I have never been a big Wendy's fan, but I went since my son worked there. They had a wall covered with awards that they had received. Some were from local restaurant reviews, but most were from corporate Wendy's. And you could taste the difference in their food. I actually go to where I enjoyed going there. The dining room was always clean. And the salad bar was always kept neat.

I've been to other Wendy's restaurants since then, and don't care if I ever go back. It doesn't even taste like the same food.

I have seen the same variation with Burger King, McDonalds and others. I saw a McDonald's in South Carolina that became so infested with rodents and bugs, that corporate McDonald's told the franchise owner that he had to tear the building down and start over. And I've seen a McDonald's that did such a good job that at lunchtime, the takeout line went all the way around the building and into the street.

In comparison, it doesn't matter which Chick-fil-a I have visited, the food is always prepared the same, the dining room is always clean, and the help is always courteous and smart enough to take my order. In-N-Out is a very close second, with only one restaurant that I have visited being on my personal do not visit list.

Variation is a killer for quality. Fast food is no exception.

I don't like to see the person doing the food with the gloves handling everything they possibly can as well as scratching their head or nose. I don't give a rip about service and speed I just want sanitary.

Back