Volkswagen Group Tops List for Sales 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
VW was punished and made an example of not because of the emissions, but because they were officially speaking out against the electric car and how little economic sense it made. Other German auto makers had similar views, but you gotta punish the biggest guy on the block for others to take notice. Just looks at the Germans now, signing the electrified kumbaya with the rest of them.

I think VW appeals to a certain market, and that market is growing. I'm 27, and many of my friends who are young professionals have newer VWs, Jettas in particular.

I can see why. They are cheap, fun to drive, and get good gas mileage. The only part of that statement most Hondas and Toyotas have is the good gas mileage part. My sister bought a 2013, and the fake leather gives it a nice interior. Many of the Honda and Toyota offerings are more money and still come with cloth and CVTs. My sister is not really a car person, and test drove many Civics, Corollas, and a Mazda. She was sold on the Jetta halfway through the test drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back