Impressive USA Car Sales! YTD June 2023

I didn’t know that. Thanks.

Groove Toyota in Littleton by the way. Nice guys. Just wish they would lay off the sales pitch and save us both the trouble.
I was there when I was contemplating the new Sienna. A guy literary told me: if you want Sienna get LE; otherwise, you might never get it.
Later I talked to Stevinson West, and they told me the same, the more stuff in, the less probability I will ever see a car. I was talking to them about the new Grand Highlander, and they were very skeptical about what will actually come to them bcs. chip shortage.

But Stevinson West was much easier to work with. Whatever you do, do not go anywhere South toward my area. They want at least $5,000 over MSRP.

Has anyone, anywhere, ever filed against a title insurance policy, and collected? To me, title insurance is even more scammy than PMI.
Title insurance is legit. The thing is the vast majority of properties don't have liens on them. And when they are found they can be settled in closing. Title insurance pays when you have been in your home for a period of time- then let's say somehow you find out there is a lien on it. You would file and collect on the title insurance.

Me too as I have never used one. It seems if I did and the terms were not some type of "trap" I would pay it off like
any other loan. I suppose it all depends on the person who uses the HELOCs and their situation.
I was about to loose my job in 2008 and on the way home by the bank I saw a sign HELOC 2.49%.**

It was a HELOC. I owed about $67K on my mortgage. I took an Interest Only loan (didn't know when I would have income again) No prepayment penalty - you can pay on the principle whenever you want.
The LOWEST they would give me a $125K line of credit . I needed some extensive Roof work in the near future - so I bit.

Closed a week later, they didn't even look at the property - just some online info they already had,
They mail you a check book you can write checks against the loan to home contractors, etc as needed - up to the limit.

Two weeks later my company packed up and moved way out of State. I was done.
Bank didn't care AFTER I made the loan if I become unemployed - as long as I made payments.

I think they only catch was a 7 or 10 year horizon - then you pay up or remake the loan. The Bank prefers that you remake.

Worked for me!

- Ken

**variable rate based on WSJ or LIBOR (forget) -0.25% Those published rates went to near ZIP for years!

In some other threads, someone was bragging up tesla sales as the best selling brand. Yet in reality, they are way down on the list.
Close, but no cigar. Different metric...
Tesla has the #1 selling vehicle in the world, the Model Y. It overtook the Toyota Corolla.
This thread is US sales and grouped by brand, not vehicle.

Both numbers are 2023 H1.

I was about to loose my job in 2008 and on the way home by the bank I saw a sign HELOC 2.49%.**

It was a HELOC. I owed about $67K on my mortgage. I took an Interest Only loan (didn't know when I would have income again) No prepayment penalty - you can pay on the principle whenever you want.
The LOWEST they would give me a $125K line of credit . I needed some extensive Roof work in the near future - so I bit.

Closed a week later, they didn't even look at the property - just some online info they already had,
They mail you a check book you can write checks against the loan to home contractors, etc as needed - up to the limit.

Two weeks later my company packed up and moved way out of State. I was done.
Bank didn't care AFTER I made the loan if I become unemployed - as long as I made payments.

I think they only catch was a 7 or 10 year horizon - then you pay up or remake the loan. The Bank prefers that you remake.

Worked for me!

- Ken

**variable rate based on WSJ or LIBOR (forget) -0.25% Those published rates went to near ZIP for years!
Bank does not care on HELOC as much because they take your home if you don’t pay up. They are very dangerous loan to take. Most other loans are unsecured they can’t touch your home or assets.

Bank does not care on HELOC as much because they take your home if you don’t pay up. They are very dangerous loan to take. Most other loans are unsecured they can’t touch your home or assets.
Most home and car loans are secured are they not? Go ahead take my run-down log cabin - please! :)

I don't see a problem unless you are irresponsible then you have THAT personality tendency which is a bigger problem.

Somtimes it has been hard to get a job. Took me two yeasr to get a job back around 2003. I usually have one year's income kicking around, then I can dig into the 401k.

Happily. Massachusetts unemployment gave me all the $$$ I needed
So, N.P.

Back