super tech oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visual inspection. I compared Toyota OEM, Purolater and Super Tech. Toyota OEM and Purolater we're fairly close when it came to quality with the OEM being better. . When you compare side by side Super Tech oil filters it was slightly smaller and just didn't look as professionally made.

zombie-thread.jpg

Seven years ago Super Tech made by Champ Labs and many were ecores with combo valves. That was the last ecore I ever used, then became educated on combo valves.

Now though, no problem using the value tier Wix made ST3614 or ST9688 both with separate dome end bypass. That said, WM in these parts having difficulty keeping the popular 9688(also for 7317) in stock. For ~$2.85, decent filter construction.

I like that they are being made by the company that makes Wix filters...price point is awesome; they are the same as NAPA ProSelect filters...I have several of those for my Jeep Patriot for 3.5-4k OCI's; I would like to snag a few SuperTech filters for my bike after I use up my stash of HiFlo Filtro 303's (shop won't take them back) & an Autolite 6607 (will use at end of season for short OCI...late autumn, winter storage, early spring); last year I used NAPA ProSelect on the bike);

Cool they're made by the same company that makes the WIX filters. That's awesome to hear. Just these last couple months I've used the ST9688 on our '11 Honda Civic & '06 Acura TSX. I'm about to use it out our new '17 Nissan Armada as well
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back